Heel to discontinue US and Canada markets

Discuss topics ranging from general care to diet, vaccinations etc.
emmas_mom
No, I don't have a life!

Heel to discontinue US and Canada markets

Postby emmas_mom » Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:16 pm

A friend just gave me the heads up that the Germany company Heel has decided to discontinue its business in the US and Canada, effective this August. So if you use products like Traumeel or Zeel for your dogs, you may want to stock up. Here's a link to their announcement: http://www.heel.ca/Heel-ca-News-cessation-2014.html
Mom to Maggie. Ever remembering Sadie, Charley, Caleb, Belle, Oliver, Shiloh, Eddie, Mitzi, Allie and Emma.
My blog: http://www.mylifewiththecritters.blogspot.com

Sabine
Site Admin
Custom Title: One Dog Girl

Re: Heel to discontinue US and Canada markets

Postby Sabine » Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:24 pm

emmas_mom
No, I don't have a life!

Postby emmas_mom » Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:04 pm

But only until Dec 2014:
Current Heel Inc. products will be available to USA distributors through August 2014, and to retailers and medical practitioners through December 2014....The OTC Heel products Traumeel* and Zeel* will be phased out and replaced with T-Relief™ and T-Relief Arthritis™ from MediNatura. These products will be available in the same dosage forms and sizes as were Traumeel and Zeel, and will feature all-natural active ingredients. The BHI line of products will remain unchanged....
...Heel's OTC products currently sold exclusively to medical practitioners will be replaced by MediNatura's OTC product line, most of which will be priced 40 percent lower than current products. OTC Heel brands with international trademarks will be discontinued, including: Traumeel, Neurexan, Zeel, Oculoheel, Luffeel, Sinusin, Vinceel, Nectadyn, Adrisin, Gripp Heel, Viburcol, Vertigoheel, Spascupreel, Engystol and Lymphomyosot.
Mom to Maggie. Ever remembering Sadie, Charley, Caleb, Belle, Oliver, Shiloh, Eddie, Mitzi, Allie and Emma.

Amanda
Permanent Resident

Postby Amanda » Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:20 pm

So the same products will be available but under the new business, MediNatura?

Sabine
Site Admin

Postby Sabine » Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:50 pm

Correct, Amanda.

Amanda
Permanent Resident

Postby Amanda » Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:43 pm

ok, good. My hubby uses zeel and so does Freddy. I would be so bummed if they totally discontinued it because of sue happy jerks.

emmas_mom
No, I don't have a life!

Postby emmas_mom » Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:16 am

But, as we have seen time and again with dog food buyouts, there's no guarantee the formula or the quality of ingredients will remain the same, is there? they just say their replacement products will be in the same 'dosages and sizes' and will contain 'all-natural active ingredients' , they don't say they will contain "the same...ingredients'. I'm skeptical - especially if they are selling some of their products at 40% less. Call me a cynic.

SherriA
Built-in Forum Feature

Postby SherriA » Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:52 am

For those of you who want to stock up, Traumeel and Zeel are both available at Luckyvitamin.com with a pretty reasonable price right now. $8.72 for 100 count Traumeel (plus 5X the usual reward points) and $8.56 for 100 count Zeel (plus 5X the usual reward points).

I'm skeptical, like Jean, that the quality and ingredients will remain the same. Maybe they will, but we sure haven't seen that with a lot of other products!

Sabine
Site Admin

Postby Sabine » Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:01 pm

This is not a "buyout" in the sense of P&G (or now Mars) taking over Natura Pet Products, as in there's no established company coming in and taking things over from Heel. Heel decided to sell this part of its operations, and people who are already involved created a new company to take over independent operations.

Of course we can never know for sure what exactly will happen, but from what I know so far, I'm optimistic here.

Jen
Built-in Forum Feature

Postby Jen » Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:40 am

Are the replacement products already available, so I can try them and see if stocking up is required before Dec?

Sabine
Site Admin

Postby Sabine » Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:48 am

They will be available January 1st 2015, according to the press release.

mraleigh01
Regular

Postby mraleigh01 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:42 pm

Has anyone been able to find a source for the old Traumeel? The new T Relief just isn't cutting it.
Thanks!

Hope all is well with everyone. I need to scroll through to catch up with everyone.

Return to “Care, Health & Nutrition”