Signature Images & Avatars

New user or questions about forum features?
Please read/post here.
Sabine
Site Admin
Custom Title: One Dog Girl

Signature Images & Avatars

Postby Sabine » Sat Nov 18, 2006 7:23 pm

Since the topic of signature images became an issue today, I'd like to revisit the rules.

In my opinion, graphics-based signatures are a great thing. They give each member the opportunity to express their individual style and help others to recognize who is who.

Most people place their signatures in each post they make, so for the benefit of everyone participating on the forum it's important to keep them from being an annoyance though, which includes not using animated graphics and keeping them within the size limitations so they load quickly and people don't have to do any excessive scrolling in long threads.

Since the posting format changed slightly with the forum upgrade, I've measured out the dimensions again and ask everyone to keep their signature images within the following dimensions:

* a maximum of 100 pixels high
* a maximum of 550 pixels wide
* a maximum file size of 35K

No animated signatures or avatars please.

Should you have trouble resizing your images to fit within these dimensions, please feel free to email them to me (mordanna at mordanna dot com) and I will be happy to do it for you.

If you find your signature image is missing at some point, it exceeded the above limitations and you need to adjust it before adding it back to your profile.

For questions or comments, please send me a private message.

Return to “Support”