Friend or Foe?

New user or questions about forum features?
Please read/post here.
Jen
Built-in Forum Feature

Friend or Foe?

Postby Jen » Mon May 07, 2012 9:21 am

What does making someone your foe mean? I thought it meant their posts would be blocked from my view, but it doesn't seem to be the case.

I was trying to get rid of adbenadomorvi until he gets banned, but he's on my foe list and I still have all the posts in my "unread posts" list. :hmm:

JudyL
No, I don't have a life!

Re: Friend or Foe?

Postby JudyL » Mon May 07, 2012 9:49 am

I made that user a foe too, and the posts show up in the forum listing, but if I click on it, it gives me the message "This post is made by _____ who is currently on your ignor list. Display this post." Posts by 'foes' within a post will show only that message, giving you a choice to view or ignor. I think the forum will still show that new posts have been made to the thread though.

I don't ignor anyone here, but I do ignor one person on a tax preparers' forum. The person is knowledgeable, but is always really nasty in their responses. If I do post to a thread where he's answered, I do make a point of reading his posts so that what I post afterward is relevant. There have been times when I've thought I am being ignoring by some people here because I'll post something and then a little while later someone will post the exact same thing and others will respond to that other person like it's the first time the suggestion or thought was posted. Maybe that's me being a little paranoid, but it is disconcerting. It doesn't really matter because everyone doesn't have to like everyone else, or I've rubbed someone wrong, but it is strange when it happens. Meh, maybe it's just a case of someone not reading all the posts that came before.

Jen
Built-in Forum Feature

Re: Friend or Foe?

Postby Jen » Mon May 07, 2012 10:06 am

Well, now you're going to get me all paranoid too, Judy! lol

Thanks for the info. :)

Return to “Support”