Puppy Culture

Discuss training topics and dog related activities, such as conformation, obedience, dog sports etc.
Amanda
Permanent Resident

Puppy Culture

Postby Amanda » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:47 am

Has anyone watched the DVDs or know much about it? I ordered them and they should be arriving today. I wanted them for some prep work to help support my puppy classes that I am teaching as well as for preparation for a future puppy. I think I know most of the program from reading and following the puppy culture discussion group on Facebook, but I’m excited to actually see the materials. And I am hoping my kids will be enthralled by the puppies and want to watch too. That way they are learning how to handle young puppies better also. Anyone have any experience with this program?

connie
Built-in Forum Feature

Re: Puppy Culture

Postby connie » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:15 am

One of my agility instructors used it on her most recent BC litter, I think. I'll ask her this week. I know she is doing a very similar program, if not that one, on the girl she kept out of that litter.
Long ago, I was told that anything you put into a dog's brain before 16 weeks of age is there for life -- for good or bad. I never understand why so many pet owners think dogs are 'too young' for training. The agility instructor with the BC puppy has done amazing stuff and the dog is just 14 weeks old now.

For anyone who is curious about this program: https://www.puppyculture.com/

Sabine
Site Admin
Custom Title: One Dog Girl

Re: Puppy Culture

Postby Sabine » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:25 pm

Props to you, Amanda! My next dog will definitely be from a breeder who uses PC.

Return to “Activities, Training & Behavior”