Relaxation Protocol

Discuss training topics and dog related activities, such as conformation, obedience, dog sports etc.
Amanda
Permanent Resident

Relaxation Protocol

Postby Amanda » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:42 pm

We use this relaxation protocol at work with almost all the dogs that come through. I used it on Zeke for quite a while when he was a baby pup to teach him to chill out in the house. I am going back to it and I was just told about the MP3 links on this page. They are so helpful. Earbuds in and you can work without needing to read anything or find your place in the list. We/I use these in a down position on a mat instead of a sit as is mentioned. I think it's a really fantastic idea and thought I'd share for anyone that hasn't heard of it.

The basic idea is that you work through each day's list. If the dog breaks the stay, you start over at the beginning of the day. Don't move to the next day until the dog can successfully complete the day without breaking their stay. Reward between each item on the list. Really great for helping with doorbell manners and settling in public. Let me know what you think!

http://championofmyheart.com/relaxation ... mp3-files/

Calypso
Built-in Forum Feature

Re: Relaxation Protocol

Postby Calypso » Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:08 am

I'm going to check that out. Pixel could use some relaxation practice.

maxs_mommy
Yes, I do have a life!

Re: Relaxation Protocol

Postby maxs_mommy » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:18 pm

I need to start doing this! Bookmarking for later to listen to and work through!
Max "the ninja"-American Cocker Spaniel G-day 3/2009
Charlie "the middle child"- Orange Tabby G-day 7/2005
Sadie - Grey Tabby 9/1996-8/4/2012 RIP

http://recycledrover.blogspot.com

Return to “Activities, Training & Behavior”