P-d off Bitch...

Discuss training topics and dog related activities, such as conformation, obedience, dog sports etc.
Calypso
Built-in Forum Feature

P-d off Bitch...

Postby Calypso » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:47 pm

I took the dogs for an afternoon walk today. Usually when we walk it's morning and people haven't left for work yet. Today we walked past the house with two English setters who's sole purpose in life is to bark uncontrollably (says the woman with a collie). Havana squatted for a long pee at the edge of our yard, but she very deliberately paused just long enough to mark directly in front of their house as the dogs continued to go ape. She looked at their window while she did it.

Anyone else have a dog who pees to make a point? There was no sniffing or deliberating, it was walk, look at the house, squat briefly, and move on. I didn't even have time to tell her "no mark" and mover her along. Sassy dog!

whiteboxerboy
No, I don't have a life!

Re: P-d off Bitch...

Postby whiteboxerboy » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:52 pm

Brinca. :lol:

and Edith, the 11 yr old female Boxer that lives right on our morning park. matter of fact, this morning her dad was walking them and she was off leash. she walked right up to the fence of the tennis courts, lifted her leg & half squatted. sister was NOT happy about not being able to come inside the tennis courts to let everyone know she's the boss of all dogs. she's really very sweet & hilarious. but i still suggested the mom of the Boston move him away from the fence. :lol:

UpwardDog
No, I don't have a life!

Postby UpwardDog » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:11 pm

Oh totally. Tricky has aimed her butt at the barky schnauzer next door and pooped right up against the fence. Although lately she's more apt to play bow and run along the fence trying to get a chase game going. Schnauzer is not amused.

Trademarkbark
No, I don't have a life!

Postby Trademarkbark » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:23 pm

That's her momma's little girl! :love:
UFGRCH USCH GRCH "Spud" TT FDC CA CGC TKN
UFGRCH USCH GRCH "OE" TT CA TKN FDC BCAT CGC
USCH UFCH GCHx2 "Grytz" TT CGCU TKN FDC
CH "Doozy" FDC CGC TKN
"Spock"

QBert
No, I don't have a life!

Postby QBert » Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:19 pm

oh heck, yes. The pointed pee is a classic move.

Bettyna
Quite involved

Postby Bettyna » Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:30 pm

Natsu has done it too... particularly when some little dog is barking frantically at her...

Moemer
Yes, I do have a life!

Postby Moemer » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:03 pm

ARLO. PEES. EVERY. TIME. I. RECALL.
Emily
Elsie (ACDX) and Arlo (FoxhoundX)

Bettyna
Quite involved

Postby Bettyna » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:23 pm

ARLO. PEES. EVERY. TIME. I. RECALL.
read between the lines...:kissmyass:

maxs_mommy
Yes, I do have a life!

Postby maxs_mommy » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:55 pm

I read something somewhere (here? Maybe, my memory's shot.) that peeing and marking serves to reduce stress hormones by emptying the bladder and the relief that brings. :confused: I have to give some truth to it since Max pees after every dog encounter where he freaks out. He does pee in every yard that has a resident dog though so maybe he's giving the house dogs the Max-scented finger. :lol:
Last edited by maxs_mommy on Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Max "the ninja"-American Cocker Spaniel G-day 3/2009
Charlie "the middle child"- Orange Tabby G-day 7/2005
Sadie - Grey Tabby 9/1996-8/4/2012 RIP

Amanda
Permanent Resident

Postby Amanda » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:21 pm

Sadie would do that. Haha!

Paige
Yes, I do have a life!

Postby Paige » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:33 pm

Yes! and I swear I was just going to post about this! On our AM walk there are these dogs freaking out behind a fence and every time all three of my dogs conveniently have pee and usually drop a deuce too. Drives me crazy!
Cash, LT and Soda. And some cats. Cats that are mean.

RobinS
No, I don't have a life!

Postby RobinS » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:02 am

KaeJae marks incessently when he feels anxious, wound up, nervous, etc. So, she probably felt a bit on edge and decided to mark, that's my guess.

Moemer
Yes, I do have a life!

Postby Moemer » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:11 am

I read something somewhere (here? Maybe, my memory's shot.) that peeing and marking serves to reduce stress hormones by emptying the bladder and the relief that brings. :confused: I have to give some truth to it since Max pees after every dog encounter where he freaks out. He does pee in every yard that has a resident dog though so maybe he's giving the house dogs the Max-scented finger. :lol:
Yup, definitely a stress displacement behaviour. I do wonder if Arlo's peeing, despite the changed recall cue, is left over from my idiot-training in years past. I don't know for sure, or if its matter of indecision - stay here and smell stuff, or go back for a handful of treats then come back to smell? The answer isn't as obvious as one might hope!
Emily

Carson_Crazies
No, I don't have a life!

Postby Carson_Crazies » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:39 pm

Linc poops on collards. And broccoli. He even spins in circles before stopping to hover over them. Anything that can be pooped on... Linc is your man.

Now, on to the actual subject. Peepers (that's one of Pia's most used nicknames - Peeps and Peepers) is definitely an "I spit on you!" pee-er. It's like a middle finger for her. But then, she's a marky little thing in general. Naughty girlie dog. It's like I can see her thinking, "Oh yeah?"
Laura & the Crazies:
Nick, Linc, Pia, June, and Ginger
RIP Zippy - January 11, 1994 to April 9, 2012

http://www.crooksandcrazies.blogspot.com

RobinS
No, I don't have a life!

Postby RobinS » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:54 pm

In my puppy classes I have puppies use displacement behaviors all the time....when things get wound up, one will stop and scratch, sometimes squat and tinkle, sometimes turn and sniff it's hiney.....anything to break up the moment and then restart again. I bet that's what little Miss Marky was doing for sure,,,,barking maniac dogs, displacement behavior to let some of the emotion out.

Moemer
Yes, I do have a life!

Postby Moemer » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:17 pm

Linc poops on collards. And broccoli. He even spins in circles before stopping to hover over them. Anything that can be pooped on... Linc is your man.
Arlo has a preference for ornamental grasses.
Emily

UpwardDog
No, I don't have a life!

Postby UpwardDog » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:11 pm

I'm pretty sure Sam peed a little on Tricky's head today. I'm choosing not to smell her and find out right now lol

whiteboxerboy
No, I don't have a life!

Postby whiteboxerboy » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:56 pm

I'm pretty sure Sam peed a little on Tricky's head today. I'm choosing not to smell her and find out right now lol
Boy pee'd on Higgy The Lab's head yesterday morning. it wasn't his fault. he was already mid-stream when she walked into the bushes to get a tennis ball she'd spotted on her approach to greet us. poor thing emerged from the bushes with the ball in her mouth and the top of her head soaking wet. she was still all smiles, though. :lol:

Return to “Activities, Training & Behavior”