Easy Walker or Gentle Leader

Discuss training topics and dog related activities, such as conformation, obedience, dog sports etc.
my2cotons
Yes, I do have a life!

Easy Walker or Gentle Leader

Postby my2cotons » Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:15 pm

I am still struggling with Pistol pulling on the leash when we go out which I know is not good for his leg. I think the better he feels the more he wants to "GO" full speed. I was wondering about trying either the Easy Walker or the Gentle Leader harness. Has anyone had any experience with either? I'm working on clicking and treating, but wondered if the harness might speed up the progress.

my2cotons
Yes, I do have a life!

Re: Easy Walker or Gentle Leader

Postby my2cotons » Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:22 pm

Oh, I just did a search and found some posts. I was looking at both brands of the harness - not the head harness. Just wondering which brand is best though. And then I saw someone mentioned the Sensation brand. They all look pretty much the same in the pictures. However the Sensation is considerably more expensive.

Calypso
Built-in Forum Feature

Postby Calypso » Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:10 pm

I would go somewhere that will let you try the harnesses on Pistol. There is a little bit of a trick to fitting them and the Sensesation fits some dogs better.

whiteboxerboy
No, I don't have a life!

Postby whiteboxerboy » Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:21 pm

I would go somewhere that will let you try the harnesses on Pistol. There is a little bit of a trick to fitting them and the Sensesation fits some dogs better.
word! i have a sensation & a sensible and can't get either of them to fit Boy exactly right. Trish King fit both of them for Brinca and they fit her well. i've tried many times to get it right for Boy but even with the instructions it still looks weird. i haven't found anyone in the area that knows how to fit them, either. i've also noticed a few dogs around town wearing Easy Walker's upside down & completely wrong. sure, the leash is clipped in front but that's the only thing that's right about it. :tongue:

Return to “Activities, Training & Behavior”