Pistol's New Ride

Discuss training topics and dog related activities, such as conformation, obedience, dog sports etc.
my2cotons
Yes, I do have a life!

Pistol's New Ride

Postby my2cotons » Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:17 am

I found a stroller for Pistol yesterday at Pet Sense. It was $20 off because of a missing velcro strip. :) We tried it out this morning and I couldn't believe how well he accepted it. We stopped 3 different times and let him sniff around under shade trees, but each time he was more than happy to get back in. some of the pictures make it look like he is on his hind legs but he is not. I put a really thich pillow in the bottom of it, so that he can sit on his bottom and still have his head out. There are two short videos in this album. As you will see Pappy sometimes was more of a problem because he tried to wrap himself around the stroller. But most of the time he was out ahead of us, practically pulling us along. I am very pleased with this purchase. So happy that Pappy can get his exercise and Pistol can still have an outing every day.

http://s220.photobucket.com/albums/dd11 ... /Stroller/

UpwardDog
No, I don't have a life!

Re: Pistol's New Ride

Postby UpwardDog » Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:45 am

he sure looks happy!

Jen
Built-in Forum Feature

Postby Jen » Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:47 am

Very cool!

JudyL
No, I don't have a life!

Postby JudyL » Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:05 pm

Haha, Pistol looks so cute looking out of it, and it's nice that he can go along for the walk while still protected from Pappy or another dog jumping on him. I would hear "faster, faster" coming from Chi or Dixie if they wanted to go meet someone. :)

SherriA
Built-in Forum Feature

Postby SherriA » Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:33 pm

Kathy, this is a great idea! I love the Pistol gets included but his leg stays protected. He looks quite happy to be chauffeured along like a little prince :)

my2cotons
Yes, I do have a life!

Postby my2cotons » Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:17 pm

He really was happy. He seemed so relaxed and happy up there. It reminded me of the time we rented a boat and took them out - he "smiled" the whole time. That's how he was. I was so pleased that he likes it.

PofiMia
No, I don't have a life!

Postby PofiMia » Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:25 pm

That's BRILLIANT! Very, very cool.

whiteboxerboy
No, I don't have a life!

Postby whiteboxerboy » Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:47 pm

this is indeed "brilliant" as Lisa said! good job, Kathy!

gah, it's no wonder you struggle saying 'no' to either of your boys, they are freakin' adorable.

Pistol looks very, very happy in his new 'ride', that's for sure. next thing we know Pappy really *is* gonna be pulling Pistol behind him in a chariot! :lol:

Return to “Activities, Training & Behavior”