Does anyone use Cronometer for balancing diets?

Discuss topics ranging from general care to diet, vaccinations etc.
MaisyPancakes
Permanent Resident

Does anyone use Cronometer for balancing diets?

Postby MaisyPancakes » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:02 am

Home-prepared meal folks—did know about Cronometer.com?? I don't know how long this thing's been around, but since I'm on a MAC, I just assumed that nutritiondata.com was the only web-based thing I could use. I recently found out about Cronometer, a *far* better alternative to ND.com!! It allows me to type in many more specific nutrients for "custom foods" and for individualized daily values (DVs) than ND.com, and you can even set minimum and maximums (SUL) for the custom DVs! The whole thing is a faster and easier to use, ads easier to block/noninvasive, and even the food database is also much bigger (like the NCCDB, from U of MN). The graphs make things pretty dang clear when you're off the mark, too. I dunno, I couldn't believe how much better this is compared to what I was used to with ND.com. They even have a great app for the phone! And, while they have premium memberships for better graphs and ratio stuff (say, make it easier to visualize Ca:P), the free version I use is plenty great!

My only regret is that I feel like I would've done a better job tinkering with MP's diet with Cronometer had I known about it then. :( Anyway! I thought I'd let you guys know how awesome it is. :D

Amanda
Permanent Resident

Re: Does anyone use Cronometer for balancing diets?

Postby Amanda » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:22 pm

I have heard of it, but not used it personally. I joined a face book group called raw fed and nerdy and they all obsess about the numbers. I can’t get that nit picky. I’ll lose my mind. Lol. It’s a good tool though and I may just try it with your recommendation!

MaisyPancakes
Permanent Resident

Re: Does anyone use Cronometer for balancing diets?

Postby MaisyPancakes » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:56 am

I don't know how I ended up in that group, but I joined it recently, too!! I totally know what you're talking about. :lol: If you were ever used to ND.com and its gradual ad-filled decline (it's been looking like it's on its way out/being abandoned for a few years now), you'd really like Cronometer. :grin:

Return to “Care, Health & Nutrition”