Well, it's two seizures in ten days, and that's so not good. I'm really worried, and I blogged about it here: https://cinnamondogcom.wordpress.com/20 ... wait-what/
I'm coming over here to vent about the reply on my FB post from a friend who suggests that Beau has built up toxins in his brain and I should find an energy doctor to get rid of those toxins.
What the exact f*ck?
So if Beau has a lesion on his brain, we can reverse it by seeing an 'energy doctor'? And the toxins that have built up will just go away -- how? Let me guess, it will be directly related to the number of checks I write to the 'energy doctor'?
What kind of toxins, exactly? This is a dog who has 7 years of no vax, a raw diet, no pesticides, not even heartworm preventive until this year; no household or yard chemicals, tons of outdoor time in non-urban surroundings, and not even a damn microwave in his environment. WHAT KIND OF TOXINS?
This shit makes me crazy. I cannot reply to the person who posted that; she is a rabid anti-vaxxer and has the complete fantasy reality that those people construct. I suppose she means well, but I don't even really believe that. I think she's a damn fruitcake. I ran into a lot of this when Sander didn't die of cancer: the crazies on the internet often assumed that I was one of them because I disdained conventional veterinary meds. Ugh.
Okay, so I am really worried about Beau, because everything I read and hear says that the most common cause of sudden onset seizures in a dog 10 or older is brain lesions. I'm right to be worried, and a big middle finger to the person who diminishes that worry and the seriousness of the problem by blithering about 'storing some toxins in his brain.' I know who's storing toxins in their brain, and it's NOT MY DOG.