Cancer clinical trial

Discuss topics ranging from general care to diet, vaccinations etc.
JudyL
No, I don't have a life!

Re: Cancer clinical trial

Postby JudyL » Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:48 pm

Yay for more excellent shrinkage! Even though it's a different issue after each treatment, it seems like he just needs that little bit of extra time between sessions. Good thoughts for Max that liver values are headed back to WNL soon.

maxs_mommy
Yes, I do have a life!

Postby maxs_mommy » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:32 pm

Liver numbers are back WNL but white cells are up (which I knew would be because he's been having hella allergies/sneezies from the weather but I think he's almost over them) but apparently we're not aggressively fighting every last blood work number anymore, which is good. Next treatment is 11/20 so now we wait. I think I'll keep the liver support up because it helps though.
Max "the ninja"-American Cocker Spaniel G-day 3/2009
Charlie "the middle child"- Orange Tabby G-day 7/2005
Sadie - Grey Tabby 9/1996-8/4/2012 RIP

emmas_mom
No, I don't have a life!

Postby emmas_mom » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:53 am

Thanks for the update - good to know he seems to be holding his own despite the allergies.
Mom to Maggie. Ever remembering Sadie, Charley, Caleb, Belle, Oliver, Shiloh, Eddie, Mitzi, Allie and Emma.
My blog: http://www.mylifewiththecritters.blogspot.com

JudyL
No, I don't have a life!

Postby JudyL » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:41 pm

Thinking of you both today, Ashley, and hope you and Max both feel better by the holiday.

maxs_mommy
Yes, I do have a life!

Postby maxs_mommy » Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:01 am

So there have been two treatments and a dental since I remembered to write things down. Max's tumor has shrunk minimally but still a tiny bit this time after 2 treatments of no shrinking. This chemo treatment hit him hard though, diarrhea right before I picked him up and in the house tonight. He didn't eat before the treatment so I'm sure that didn't help but he is eating dry freeze dried tonight and will get cerenia in the morning to help with the nausea. Also, we lost two teeth on Monday and they noted a mass where one of his teeth used to be but I didn't have it removed. I was waiting on the charts from the dentist so I didn't have them to give to the PI but I'll make sure they know for the next treatment. The trial vet also x-rayed his lungs and thought that there might be more leisons/tumors but it was hard to tell from the original x-rays in 2017. That could easily account for his decreased stamina on walks and trips, we'll just take it at his pace and get there eventually.
Max "the ninja"-American Cocker Spaniel G-day 3/2009
Charlie "the middle child"- Orange Tabby G-day 7/2005
Sadie - Grey Tabby 9/1996-8/4/2012 RIP

emmas_mom
No, I don't have a life!

Postby emmas_mom » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:12 pm

Thanks for the update, Ashley. I wish there was more drastic improvement (and less side effects), but I'm glad to know there has been shrinkage rather than growth.
Mom to Maggie. Ever remembering Sadie, Charley, Caleb, Belle, Oliver, Shiloh, Eddie, Mitzi, Allie and Emma.
My blog: http://www.mylifewiththecritters.blogspot.com

MaisyPancakes
Permanent Resident

Postby MaisyPancakes » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:53 am

I hope the boops are firming up and all the stuff stay smaller! I will say a prayer for his two little teeth. :smile:

Bari
Built-in Forum Feature

Postby Bari » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:50 pm

Fingers and paws crossed that he improves❤

Return to “Care, Health & Nutrition”