Lady surgery

Discuss topics ranging from general care to diet, vaccinations etc.
BarksaLot
Hopelessly addicted

Lady surgery

Postby BarksaLot » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:57 pm

So Lady hurt herself today- took off chasing a cat out of the back yard but ran into a pipe by a bush. Opened a gash on her right leg. She spent the day with the vet having stitches and a drain put in. She is in a cone, not happy. She is whining, crying. I just picked her up at 5, been home little over an hour.

So question do you think the whining is because of the anesthetic? she isn't supposed to have antibiotic and rimidyl until tomorrow morning. I suppose she still is under the effect of what the vet gave her. She cries and whines. Bill is babying her but I don't know if she is really aware of what is going on. He's telling her to stop whining she's a big girl.

Riddick

Re: Lady surgery

Postby Riddick » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:39 pm

Yes her vocalization could and most likely is definitely the anesthetic. My Shepherd was always extremely vocal and moaned and groaned and cried all night everytime after a anesthetic procedure. Basically he was saying "man am I HIGH!!" lol
~Lyssa~
Apollo, Orion & Remus...and the kitties, Flower and Jasper!!

BarksaLot
Hopelessly addicted

Re: Lady surgery

Postby BarksaLot » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:01 pm

Yep, plus they feel awful sorry for themselves. She's still quite sleepy but whining has stopped just keeping her comfortable. She has a drain in a rear leg which the cone doesn't keep her from licking, so give her a spritz of itchy spray now and then.

Return to “Care, Health & Nutrition”