Best Tie-Out Harness

Discuss topics ranging from general care to diet, vaccinations etc.
Calypso
Built-in Forum Feature

Best Tie-Out Harness

Postby Calypso » Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:05 am

My new house has many great features, but one thing it's currently lacking is a fence. I'm not sure when budget and weather will allow for a fence, so the dogs will have to be on a tie out to potty, at least at night when the kids are with me and I can't walk the dogs. I like their walking harnesses and I think they'd do well for a tie out, but they're expensive and I'd like to have a harness to leave by the door or on the tie out.

Any recommendations for harnesses that are fairly easy to put on and hard to wiggle out of and aren't more than $20 or so? I'm not so worried about Havana, but Pixel is a wily little beast!

EllaBella
No, I don't have a life!

Re: Best Tie-Out Harness

Postby EllaBella » Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:15 am

(I realize I am not answering your actual question so forgive me. I have no idea) Will they potty while you walk them around in the yard? That's what I've been doing (PITA, yes, but lets not discuss how dense my dogs are and how tangled they'd be in tie-outs). We just zig-zag back and forth the 20 foot back 'yard' area for 10 minutes until potty happens at night and first thing in the morning...

UpwardDog
No, I don't have a life!

Postby UpwardDog » Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:22 pm

I'm a big fan of the Sure Fit harness by premier. They are like $15 on amazon- well for me, I can't buy them locally. I've tried a variety of harnesses and always go back to them for fit and comfort.

Calypso
Built-in Forum Feature

Postby Calypso » Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:07 am

I can't believe I forgot about the Sure Fit harness! Havana already has a couple, so I'd just need one for Pixel.

Alissa - Pixel probably would, but when Havana was on leash restriction she decided she can't potty within 1/3 mile from the house. I'll only put one dog on a tie out at a time, because otherwise we'd have constant macrame.

Return to “Care, Health & Nutrition”