Yummy Chummies

Discuss topics ranging from general care to diet, vaccinations etc.
Claire
Yes, I do have a life!

Yummy Chummies

Postby Claire » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:26 am

Gunner goes WILD over these wild salmon treats! I picked up a big bag at Costco in the spring, not realizing until now that they were there only as a promo.
According to their FB page, they hope to hear back from Costco to see if they'll be a permanent fixture there. I hope so.
Until then, it looks like they are sold at PetCo.

When I walk Gunny, I wear a fanny pack packed with treats. His favorite are banana chips and Yummy Chummies. This dog that loves to be out there will walk right by my side if I have one of the treats in my hand. So today I tossed him a couple YC's along the way. When we returned home, a deer must have been parallel walking with us on the other side of bushes. Come to a clearing and we're face to face. The deer started to turn to flee, but decided to freeze instead. Gunny spotted it (luckily a bit later than I did) and froze, then started to go toward it.

I said "Gunny, look!" and tossed a YC on the ground a bit ahead of where we were walking. Gunny went for the bait and we brisky continued our walk, leaving the deer behind.
I wrote to the company to tell them. Only wild salmon could take a Weim's attention away from wild game! lol

SherriA
Built-in Forum Feature

Re: Yummy Chummies

Postby SherriA » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:28 am

Hooray for finding something more interesting to him than a deer!

Yankee
Yes, I do have a life!

Postby Yankee » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:21 pm

Wow!

Claire
Yes, I do have a life!

Postby Claire » Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:50 am

If you sign up for the E-newsletter, they will send you a free bag. I just got mine (errr, Gunny's) yesterday. They worked on a walk yesterday, too. A couple of women were jogging up the street (on Main St. in town) with their JRT. I saw them approaching and quickly turned Gunny around to head into a store's alcove. I kept him occupied while they passed. That could have been a recipe for disaster.....8 feet running by him!

Return to “Care, Health & Nutrition”