Roscoe - growth near heart and lungs

Discuss topics ranging from general care to diet, vaccinations etc.
LisaT_II
Yes, I do have a life!

Re: Roscoe - growth near heart and lungs

Postby LisaT_II » Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:11 pm

Jen, I feel the same way about quality versus quantity, and here's to making the best of whatever time you have left, and I sure hope that it exceeds any and all expectations.

Kara, I"m so sorry :(
Max-n-Indy

Info regarding Ticks and Tick Diseases
http://tinyurl.com/3arfn6r

Forum for the GSD enthusiast!
germanshepherdhome.net/forum

Kevin
Regular

Postby Kevin » Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:28 pm

Jen,

When Harry was diagnosed with Cancer... I spent hours researching holistic type treatments online. There are about 4 promising options out there. Mushrooms derived supplements("K9 Immunity" is the brand name---the people there are very, very nice and even sent me free supplements to try on Harry. I exchanged lots of emails with Dorla who owns the main distribution outlet online and she was amazing). The 2nd out there that seems somewhat promising is Arteminisin. There is an entire online community on Yahoo I believe that is dedicated to it. I believe the research is primarily being done at the Univ of Washington(or Wash State maybe). Inositol(Univ of Maryland--the Dr who is doing a lot of the work actually responded to my email directly... and the 4th I would say would be Curcumin.

Best of luck. It took me hours and hours to kind of weed thru everything out there. But after it all, I'd have to say the above 4 options/combination of options seemed to come up the most. I am in no way connected to any of this stuff and everyone has to decide on their own how far to go. I just knew I wanted to try something as long as it didn't cause Harry any additional suffering.

Also, I would also recommend the Dog Cancer Guide(I think that's the name) by Dr Dressler. It kind of walks you through a lot of this stuff.

Prayers with Roscoe. Cancer is evil. It took the love of my life over a year ago.

whiteboxerboy
No, I don't have a life!

Postby whiteboxerboy » Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:17 pm

Dang it, I just don't even know what to say.

I hope your adorable hound has lots more bouncy, playful days. Give him some ear scritches from me.

Bettyna
Quite involved

Postby Bettyna » Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:15 am

I'm really sorry Jen, really sad for you, and I really hope Roscoe has a lot more good days with you.

Lisa_LoveMyBCs
Quite involved

Postby Lisa_LoveMyBCs » Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:25 pm

I haven't lurked recently, so I missed this. I am so sorry…Sending lots of supportive thoughts and positive vibes.
Lisa and her BCs - Ben, Nan, Lad, and Nic (need to add his photo)

Bari
Built-in Forum Feature

Postby Bari » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:22 pm

Jen,

I'm sorry to hear this about Roscoe. You know he has been my cyber pup for years and meeting him irl makes him more special to me.

I hope you have enough time to wrap your head around this and put your mind at ease knowing you will do what's best for him.

Give him a hug from me.

Return to “Care, Health & Nutrition”