Older Jack Russell

Discuss topics ranging from general care to diet, vaccinations etc.
Jennygirl
Settling in

Older Jack Russell

Postby Jennygirl » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:12 pm

Hi my name is Donna. I have a Jack Russell and her name is Jenny. She is 16 years old. She is having a few digestive problems. I have her on Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Gastrointestinal Low Fat LF dry dog food and canned. She also is on chicken and rice. I feed her small meals of the combination to equal her 1 to 1 1/2 cup total a day. She has IBD. We have been on and off antibotics. I give her probiotics daily. I have also tried Endosorb and Pro Pectalin. I also give pumpkin. (1 tsp.four times a day) She still has bouts of diarrahea. I am looking for any suggestion on things that might help.

SherriA
Built-in Forum Feature

Re: Older Jack Russell

Postby SherriA » Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:28 pm

Hi Jenny,

I'd suggest posting in the Care & Nutrition forum. Your questions will get more notice there and more responses. :)

LisaT_II
Yes, I do have a life!

Postby LisaT_II » Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:20 am

Hi Donna,

I see that you first posted this 9/3 in the intro section. Are you still around and reading posts here?

I have an IBD dog - how was yours diagnosed?
Max-n-Indy

Info regarding Ticks and Tick Diseases
http://tinyurl.com/3arfn6r

Forum for the GSD enthusiast!
germanshepherdhome.net/forum

Sabine
Site Admin
Custom Title: One Dog Girl

Postby Sabine » Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:47 pm

The first thing I would recommend is stop feeding kibble altogether. Prescription formulas are worse when it comes to ingredients than many typical high-end non-prescription foods, but cutting out rendered meat and fats will have a great impact.

If you feed homemade food, you need to supplement calcium at the very least, but the diet will also be deficient in other areas.

Return to “Care, Health & Nutrition”