Nutrical

Discuss topics ranging from general care to diet, vaccinations etc.
agilebcs
Quite involved

Nutrical

Postby agilebcs » Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:44 pm

Soooo, one of my dogs just ate almost a whole tube of Nutrical. Tube and all. Hopefully the plastic or whatever the tube is made out of will pass right through her (she left the top at least and I got the last 1/3 of the empty tube away from her. Anyone know what a large dose of Nutrical is likely to do? I know that it made a lovely mess on my carpet!!!

Thanks!

sammy
No, I don't have a life!

Re: Nutrical

Postby sammy » Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:40 pm

Isn't nutrical really sugary ?
When Rosie ate a mass quantity of Glucosamine tabs, the poison center was helpful.Their databases are enormous.

agilebcs
Quite involved

Postby agilebcs » Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:10 am

According to the instructions, she ate more than a couple of doses but there were no reactions listed if a dog ate too much. I was mostly wondering if it'd cause diarhhea, stomach upset, etc. She made it through the night fine though.

PaulaS
Built-in Forum Feature

Postby PaulaS » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:10 am

Oh, noes! That sounds like something Lilly would do. Glad to hear she's OK so far. Hopefully the tubing stuff will pass. I'm sure it will, but I'll cross my fingers in case.
Paula
Lilly, Jack, Alex and Will

kelpies4me

Postby kelpies4me » Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:06 am

Here are the ingredients- for both puppy and adult. Nothing in this concerns me too much, your dog may get the runs, but with the lube like consistency, it should help push the tube/parts out.

Ingredients-Puppy Formula: Corn syrup, soybean oil, malt syrup, cod liver oil, cane molasses, methylcellulose, water, gelatin by-products, dl-alpha-tocopheryl acetate (vitamin E), sodium benzoate (preservative), manganese sulfate, ferric ammonium citrate, thiamine HCI, niacin, calcium pantothenate (source of calcium and pantothenic acid), magnesium sulfate, pyridoxine HCI, potassium iodine (source of iodine and potassium), riboflavin 5' - phosphate soidium (source of vitamin B2 and phosphorus), vitamin A palmitate & D supplement, folic acid and cyanocobalamin (vitamin B12).

Ingredients-Adult Formula: Corn syrup, soybean oil, malt syrup, cod liver oil, cane molasses, methylcellulose, water, gelatin by-products, dl-alpha-tocopheryl acetate (vitamin E), sodium benzoate (preservative), manganese sulfate, ferric ammonium citrate, thiamine HCI, niacin, calcium pantothenate (source of calcium and pantothenic acid), magnesium sulfate, pyridoxine HCI, potassium iodine (source of iodine and potassium), riboflavin 5' - phosphate soidium (source of vitamin B2 and phosphorus), vitamin A palmitate & D supplement, folic acid and cyanocobalamin (vitamin B12).

agilebcs
Quite involved

Postby agilebcs » Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:43 am

I think she ate the puppy version. She actually had to open a box and dig through some towels to get to the Nutrical! Hopefully she makes it through the day in her crate. :)

yintzy
No, I don't have a life!

Postby yintzy » Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:18 am

I hope she's okay.

Jeano
Yes, I do have a life!

Postby Jeano » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:02 pm

I would be way more worried about the tube than the Nutrical. If it has zinc in it she could get really serious zinc poisoning. I would have made her barf it up....you might still try that. I sure hope she's okay!

agilebcs
Quite involved

Postby agilebcs » Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:04 pm

You know, I didn't even think to make her throw it up. Duh. I'm a bit overwhelmed these days with a litter of 7 week old puppies in the middle of a really cold and snowy (and icy) winter. I'm amazed I even noticed that she'd eaten it, honestly.

She seems fine, normal stools. I just weaned her puppies and have cut back on her food and she's ravenous and also hormonal. I'm keeping a close eye on her.

Return to “Care, Health & Nutrition”