Jean (emma's mom) and Sadie, Eddie and fosters

This is the place for new members to introduce themselves before they are given full posting privileges.
emmas_mom
No, I don't have a life!

Jean (emma's mom) and Sadie, Eddie and fosters

Postby emmas_mom » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:07 pm

I'm Jean and I live with Sadie, approximately 13, who is a collie cross I adopted in 2008. She was diagnosed last year with insulinoma, a rare pancreatic cancer. I also live with Eddie, an eight year old crazy-dog sheltie I adopted three months ago. I volunteer with various rescues and shelters, and foster senior and special needs dogs. At the moment I am fostering Petey, a senior deaf and blind poodle mix.

I joined this board eons ago when I had a very young, bouncy yellow lab named Emma. She is still part of my life, but lives with my ex. ODO'ers have been an incredible source of information for me - from tricks to surviving puppyhood, to feeding sensitive-tummy dogs, to dealling with canine health issues. Perhaps even more importantly, they have been a constant source of support through a canine custody battle, through the loss of many old dogs, through battles with canine cancers. Whether I need information, opinions, or just need to vent, this is where I come to talk with others who 'get' the importance of dogs in my life.
Mom to Maggie. Ever remembering Sadie, Charley, Caleb, Belle, Oliver, Shiloh, Eddie, Mitzi, Allie and Emma.
My blog: http://www.mylifewiththecritters.blogspot.com

Return to “New Member Introductions”