1. Click on the "Upload Attachment" tab below the text box.
2. Click the "Browse" button and select the desired image from your hard drive.
3. "Click" the "Add File" button. This is important, if you forget this step, your image will not be uploaded.
Repeat step 3 if you want to add more than just one image to your post. The maximum number per post is 5, if you want to post more images, simply respond to your own post with a new message.
4. Either click the "Place inline" button to add the image in a specific spot in the post (useful if you want to add more text), or skip this step and images will show up below any text you typed in your post.
- If your image is not resized to the maximum size to fit within a post (600 pixels wide and 900 pixels high), the forum will force it into a box with scroll bars but will not resize the image itself.
- File upload is not enabled in all forums.
- There is a file size limit to uploaded images, if this is exceeded, you will be notified to compress your image.
Inserting images linked from elsewhere:
1. The image you wish to link to must already be uploaded somewhere (e.g. your own website, a free hosting service such as Photobucket, or an image sharing site like Picasa or Flickr).
2. Either use the "[Img]" code buttonquick-add button (4th from the right above your text box) or use image tags like this:
Code: Select all
- There is no limit on file size or image size, but if the linked photo is too large, it will be cut off in your post and people will not be able to see the entire image without scrolling.
- The slower the server on which your image is hosted, the longer it will take for a thread to load, so please be considerate and do not post an excessive number of linked images in a single post. It's always better to upload them to ODO for maximum loading speed.
- Direct linking uses up bandwidth on the server the image is hosted on every time someone loads a thread, so please do not link to images you don't have permission to link to from the owner.