NDR - Pics from the trails

Post your dog photos and videos here!
Sabine
Site Admin
Custom Title: One Dog Girl

NDR - Pics from the trails

Postby Sabine » Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:56 pm

We got up at 5.30 am yesterday and drove up to Big Bear to go offroading with a group of fellow Jeep club members. I'm not a morning person, but it was so worth it, we had a lot of fun.

http://www.mordanna.com/photos/viewer.p ... 79&stage=1

We did Gold Mountain and Jacoby Canyon.

I was really impressed with what my Jeep can do, it was the least modified and had the smallest tires of the entire group of people. lol

cjs
No, I don't have a life!

Re: NDR - Pics from the trails

Postby cjs » Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:12 pm

very nice photos. I love the huge jetting rock and the sun set and that old wooden structure is cool

myguys
Yes, I do have a life!

Postby myguys » Sun Jul 22, 2007 11:52 pm

What great pictures, there are so many cars, were you all together? Quigley looks so cool standing on that fallen tree. In picture 845 what is that? Oh and the picture of the rocks on top of each other is awesome.

SherriA
Built-in Forum Feature

Postby SherriA » Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:15 am

Wow, looks like fun! Beautiful scenery.

PaulaS
Built-in Forum Feature

Postby PaulaS » Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:54 am

Gorgeous!
Paula
Lilly, Jack, Alex and Will

BorderMix
Hopelessly addicted

Postby BorderMix » Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:05 am

Jeeping is definitely fun! I used to go rock climbing with mine--I had a fairly modified 97 Wrangler that I just sold like 3 weeks ago. I just wasn't wheelin much anymore and Bill hated the whole Jeep thing, so it kinda took the fun out of it for me. I'm envious that your husband likes it! Looks like you had a good time!

And yes, even my stock Grand Cherokee went through stuff that surprized me! Jeeps are made for off roading, even stock, you can go through some decent trails.

Bari
Built-in Forum Feature

Postby Bari » Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:59 am

Very nice shots, beautiful scenery. When all of the Jeeps are lined up on the road, is it for the purpose of everyone checking out everyone else's Jeep. Do you have a contest for the most tricked out, the dirtiest, etc. Looks like fun - are Jeep people nice. Do you have more in common with them other than Jeep ownership (like do some have cool dogs?)

Panther
Site Admin

Postby Panther » Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:05 pm

[quote=Bari]Very nice shots, beautiful scenery. When all of the Jeeps are lined up on the road, is it for the purpose of everyone checking out everyone else's Jeep. Do you have a contest for the most tricked out, the dirtiest, etc. Looks like fun - are Jeep people nice. Do you have more in common with them other than Jeep ownership (like do some have cool dogs?) [/quote]
We stop for things like airing down the tires (better off-road traction and less likely to pop a tire too), disconnecting anti-sway bars (far more useful on-road than off), and lunch. Lining up along the side of the road helps to let other people pass who aren't with the group and might like to use the trail. Quigley wasn't the only dog there.

Jen
Built-in Forum Feature

Postby Jen » Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:19 am

Do you know how jealous you'll make my DH if I show him these pics? A portion of my dog money will start being siphoned off for Jeep repair! lol

It does look like fun, though!

Sabine
Site Admin
Custom Title: One Dog Girl

Postby Sabine » Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:50 pm

Michelle - yes, except for the blue and white Toyota in some pics, all the cars were people from our group. We ran into a few other folks on and off, but I think there were about 12 cars in our group, and another 7 or so who went on the really difficult trail which would have been too hard for my Jeep. (It's a daily driver and I really don't want any damage on it! lol )

I think the collapsed structure in #854 is part of an old mine shaft. We'll have to stop and check it out next time we are up there. :)

Susan - I'm sorry that your husband isn't enjoying it. :(

Bari - no contest, we just hit the trails. :) They are really different people who just happen to ahve Jeeps in common, just like people on here have dogs in common. We found the club through their internet forum.

There was one other dog on the trail with us, a really handsome black lab - probably the one with the most beautiful slim-and-trim body I've ever seen. Quigley didn't like him though, go figure. lol

Jen - you guys will just have to come wheeling with us someday! :grin:
I think someone is planning for a day trip to Hungry Valley the first Sunday in September.

Carson_Crazies
No, I don't have a life!

Postby Carson_Crazies » Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:28 pm

How FUN! Beautiful scenery, and lovely Jeeps! Since I've relinquished my Trailblazer to the DH I'm not *about* to show him anything like this... he's already having visions of mud and offroad trails. He may be driving it but he is not allowed to kill it.

I love the photo with the stacked rocks. Very cool.
Laura & the Crazies:
Nick, Linc, Pia, June, and Ginger
RIP Zippy - January 11, 1994 to April 9, 2012

http://www.crooksandcrazies.blogspot.com

biscuit
Yes, I do have a life!

Postby biscuit » Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:06 pm

Cool pics, my favorites are Quigley. You are brave, I can walk those roads, but would rather not drive them.

Return to “Photos & Videos”