7 mos old white Boxer, lots of mange :(

Rescue, Transport & Adoption
whiteboxerboy
No, I don't have a life!

7 mos old white Boxer, lots of mange :(

Postby whiteboxerboy » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:16 pm

well, i just sent them an email telling them i'd foster this guy if he still needs somewhere to lay his head & take it easy. i'll keep you posted. poor guy looks so miserable, he must be feeling really icky. :( this is thru the 'other' Boxer rescue group. here's their plea for him from the Boxers In Need page:

***CRITICAL URGENT***MUST BE TAGGED BEFORE 7am on 9-18!!
We just found out about this boy today and he has to be tagged by 7am on Tuesday 9-18. He is only 7 months to 1 year of age!! He has mange and is in a full shelter which is why he is urgent. He is calm and mild mannered but it is obvious that he is not feeling well. Will someone please give this baby a chance? He has not even gotten to live yet and we hate to see him die. :(

BIN12655.jpg
BIN12655.jpg (30.64 KiB) Viewed 2805 times
and then there's this girl. but she's a she. and as hard as i'm trying to let 'that' go, i had my daily reminder of my rule this morning. we'll see.
here's what they say about her:
We have a new young female in need of rescue. She is currently on stray hold but will be released on 9/15 at 10am. She is a white female with natural ears and a natural tail. She was brought in as a stray. This poor girl is petrified of the shelter environment. She is not deaf and is very scared of loud noises. When the dogs started to howl in the kennels she hit the floor and had to be pulled out of the kennel room. When the volunteer got to meet with her, she started wagging her tail slightly but kept it tucked very tightly under her behind. She shook for the first 10 mins of the eval. Once she warmed up to the volunteer she rolled onto her back for a good belly rub. She is a lover and a lap dog. This girl has pearly white teeth and is between 1 and 2 years old. She has had a litter of pups. She could use some groceries. She has nice muscle definition in her legs but her ribs are definitely showing. She has some patches of missing fur and scrapes from being out on the streets. She also has a patch on her head where the fur is starting to fall out and it looks like a rash. She has not yet been tested for heart worms. Her ears are very red and her eyes are full of gunk; however, she did not cough at all. She did not pant or lick. She didn't seem very interested in the cats that were behind the glass rooms. On the way out to the yard, she was very nervous and low crawled the whole time while on her lead. Once outside, they took her off the lead and she started to loosen up a little. She came when called and tried to crawl into the volunteers lap. She just wanted to be loved on the whole time and gave those adorable puppy eyes begging to be rescued. Once it was time to go back into the shelter she froze and refused to walk. The volunteer and shelter worker had to coax her into low crawling back into the hallway.
BIN12653.jpg
BIN12653.jpg (27.44 KiB) Viewed 2804 times

connie
Built-in Forum Feature

Re: 7 mos old white Boxer, lots of mange :(

Postby connie » Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:18 am

Are you considering the female for adoption? She's darling. And poor mangey boy, I hope he's better soon! :frown:

UpwardDog
No, I don't have a life!

Postby UpwardDog » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:24 am

dumb question: is the male deaf? are most white boxers deaf?

whiteboxerboy
No, I don't have a life!

Postby whiteboxerboy » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:54 am

it looks like both of these dogs are headed down to Austin where Austin Boxer Rescue will be caring for them. :smile:

not sure if the male is deaf or not, shelter notes didn't say anything about that. they did say he was calm and mild mannered but he's also really sick and probably feels miserable so hard to say. the girl is not deaf. i was not considering her for adoption, just to foster for right now, b/c she's so adorable and sounds like a sweetheart.

white Boxers are not 'usually' deaf, in that i think there are more that are NOT deaf than are deaf. obviously it's impossible to know true percentages of white Boxers that are deaf but i've read online before that the proverbial 'they' say 18% of white Boxers are born deaf. i have no idea where they got that number from.

i think (hope?) i will always have a deaf Boxer. i also think i've changed my thoughts about a deaf dog 'needing' to have a hearing dog to alert him to things, show him the ropes,etc. i think for Uncle Leo, who was already a year old and was completely 'flat' and 'broken' when he came to us, Brinca was a huge part of him becoming happy and learning how to be a dog. but he'd had a really crummy first year of life. with Boy i'm learning (hoping?) that he doesn't really care a whole lot about being an only dog. sure he'd probably prefer to still have Levi here or some other dog brother or sister but i don't think it's as terrible as i used to. until recently i've felt VERY guilty about him being an only dog. :frown: i don't think Boy has missed out on any doggie development stages b/c he's deaf and an only dog.

whiteboxerboy
No, I don't have a life!

Postby whiteboxerboy » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:42 am

My owner found me!!

Oy, this is the update I just saw on their website.

Great, so now the poor dog has to go back to hell & try to plan a new escape. Poor dog.

Moemer
Yes, I do have a life!

Postby Moemer » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:59 am

shitty :( i was really hoping you'd update that you have him
Emily
Elsie (ACDX) and Arlo (FoxhoundX)

whiteboxerboy
No, I don't have a life!

Postby whiteboxerboy » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:46 pm

just thought i'd update that now the website says he's being rescued by another group so i reckon this boy is headed down to austin where he'll get all the love & care he so desperately needs. yay! :smile:

Return to “Dogs in Need / Dogs wanted”