Elvis (BC I'm fostering) Austin, TX

Rescue, Transport & Adoption
yintzy
No, I don't have a life!

Elvis (BC I'm fostering) Austin, TX

Postby yintzy » Sun May 13, 2012 7:08 am

I just wanted to let you know about my foster dog Elvis (formerly Riley and originally named Rowdy). He's approximately 2 - 4 years old and weighs 45 lbs - probably will gain some because he has intestinal parasites). He's a true boy collie in personality and super focused on people. He's fantastic on leash and I think fine with other dogs. He met Shasta this morning and was fine and will slowly introduce him to the rest of the pack. Elvis had never been in a house before Tuesday and he was really scared and not doing well in the shelter. He came to the shelter as a RQ dog, brought in by the relatives of his owner who had moved to Mexico and left him behind and I'm not entirely sure but leaving the brother to feed him. He got loose from his yard, approached someone and they ran and he bit the person in the ankle. This is the main reason I'm fostering him, to see what his behavior problems are... Well, when he gets excited, he jumps up and grabs you with his paws and he does mouth a bit but doesn't bite down. It's not aggressive or even really controlling... no one ever taught him not to and if he was ignored, he doesn't know how to be polite. He does stop this pretty quickly. But by nature, he's a polite dog and very easy going. The big drawback is that he's HW+... I don't think it's that big of a deal but a lot of people don't want to have to deal with them.

He obviously needs a good home, someone who is going to walk him and let him inside because he's not an 'outside' dog like some of our shelter dogs are (those are the dogs who will never do well inside). I'd also prefer someone with no children under 13. I will post pictures on the picture page.

Return to “Dogs in Need / Dogs wanted”