Herding breed mix wanted!

Rescue, Transport & Adoption
Calypso
Built-in Forum Feature

Herding breed mix wanted!

Postby Calypso » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:33 am

I have a friend who had to put her doxie/border collie to sleep last fall. Tilly was 16 at the time and had serious kidney disease and M really, really went the extra mile to help Tilly be comfortable for as long as possible. M still has a 6-7 year old sheltie mix at home, no kids, has a long time partner.

M is looking for a puppy herding mix of some kind that isn't too crazy, but would be interested in having fun in flyball and/or agility. The dog doesn't need to be a high caliber competition dog, just one that likes to have fun. The sheltie has luxating patellas and can't do either sport anymore, even after having surgery. She's only ever had females and that's what she's looking at this time around - she has a garden and prefers dead spots on the lawn to legs lifted on the flowers.

M would take the puppy to classes and in my opinion is the type of owner pretty much any dog would be lucky to have. She and I have done a bit of a Petfinder search, but nothing has really jumped out so far. She's in no hurry, just ready to let the right dog pop up when it does.

M lives by me in Madison, WI but would probably be willing to head as far south as St. Louis.

Ranfan4life
Getting to know you

Re: Herding breed mix wanted!

Postby Ranfan4life » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:59 am

Hello,
I read your post and i have found a website, however they are in St louis.
http://www.sheltie4me.com/info/index
If u go on that website and on the left hand side click Shelties Available.

Let me know how the search goes!

PofiMia
No, I don't have a life!

Postby PofiMia » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:30 am

Bummer - there is a 1.5 year old male foster in MN Sheltie Rescue (actually in a foster home in Fargo) who has been characterized as wanting an active home and canine companionship!

Ranfan4life
Getting to know you

Postby Ranfan4life » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:34 pm

hopefully these dogs finds homes

Return to “Dogs in Need / Dogs wanted”