Pixel Goes A-Showing...

This is the place to let people know about dog-related events, brag about successes and to submit news for the front page.
Calypso
Built-in Forum Feature

Pixel Goes A-Showing...

Postby Calypso » Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:35 pm

Because Danish Swedish Farmdogs aren't a part of the AKC, they are only allowed to show at Open shows. And the AKC, being the AKC, won't let Farmdogs become a recognized breed until they have a certain number of dogs who have earned a Certificate of Merit - like a championship, but different. But getting a CM is hard because there is a very limited number of Open shows in the US. So, with all of that background, there were two Open shows in Wichita, KS this weekend. Family and finances made the trip a poor idea, but the more dogs of one breed in a show, the more points the winner can get toward a CM.

There happens to be another Farmdog about 2 hours from me and she was going to the show, so I met up with her humans and handed Pixel off for the weekend. How people do this on a regular basis for show dogs, I don't know! Anyway, I saw video from the show on Friday and it looked like the woman showing him beats him regularly. She doesn't - I know her, Pixel loves her Farmdog, she's an experienced handler. He was just unsure and it showed. Pixel took 4th of 4 male dogs. :blush:

He got to play with the other Farmdogs and hung out with the woman showing him, plus he got to do the Barn Hunt instinct test yesterday, so he was feeling happier and more confident today. So confident that he took Best of Breed!!!!! Apparently no love in Group, but I don't care. He's got 2 more points toward his CM, bringing him to I think 5 of the 15 needed.

Proud that my little guy knows his job well enough to (eventually) do it no matter who's handling him. And I'm happy to know another judge thinks he's a good Farmdog specimen - I am extremely biased after all! :love:

Jen
Built-in Forum Feature

Re: Pixel Goes A-Showing...

Postby Jen » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:12 pm

Wow! Way to go, Pixel!!

JudyL
No, I don't have a life!

Postby JudyL » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:22 pm

Yay, Pixel! I hope you'll post pictures.

QBert
No, I don't have a life!

Postby QBert » Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:48 am

my girl is headed off with her "pageant mom" this week, I know all the feels. I just hope she has as much success as Pixel had, a Breed win is nothing to sneeze at! maybe we'll be able to skip the "wahhh, they beat me and starve me and are sooooo meeeaaannn..." moments.

Amanda
Permanent Resident

Postby Amanda » Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:31 pm

Wow! Way to go, Pixel!! yah!!

Sabine
Site Admin
Custom Title: One Dog Girl

Postby Sabine » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:17 pm

Very cool! :) Congrats!

EllaBella
No, I don't have a life!

Postby EllaBella » Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:39 am

Yay! I'm glad he did so well on the 2nd day!

Trademarkbark
No, I don't have a life!

Postby Trademarkbark » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:16 am

Go Pixel! Hopefully you make it to Misc soon. Things get easier then ....
CA UFGRCH USCH GRCH "Spud" TT FDC CA CGC TKN
CAX UFGRCH USCH GRCH "OE" TT CA TKN FDC BCAT CGC
USCH UFCH GRCH HnrCH-B GCH "Grytz" TT CGCU TKN FDC
"Doozy" FDC CGC TKN

Calypso
Built-in Forum Feature

Postby Calypso » Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:47 am

It would be easier if we could get Misc, but with only about 10 dogs actively showing and I don't think we have any with CMs, it's going to be a loooooong time. We have about 50 dogs registered with the FSS - 55 if the one planned breeding in the US takes and has the average number of puppies.

Return to “Community News, Events & Brags”