So honored!

This is the place to let people know about dog-related events, brag about successes and to submit news for the front page.
Calypso
Built-in Forum Feature

So honored!

Postby Calypso » Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:19 pm

I got an email from my new boss today. She told me that I'll have a blast from our past in my puppy class tomorrow. C was one of the original founders of the training school where I work. She had a big falling out with K after C's husband died and she's pretty much stayed away since. We see each other at dog events once in awhile and we're friendly, but it's a little awkward. Anyway, she has a new puppy and she's taking my puppy class! He's already in a class at another school, but she likes that we're trying to do a sort of Dunbar-type Redux puppy class.

C was my first puppy class "assistant" when I was given my own class to teach. I am so thrilled and honored that she's trusting me with her own puppy now.

Sabine
Site Admin
Custom Title: One Dog Girl

Re: So honored!

Postby Sabine » Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:36 pm

That is very cool!

I'm so happy things are turning out so well for the new business. :)

Calypso
Built-in Forum Feature

Postby Calypso » Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:55 pm

C just emailed me to let me know how excited she is about the changes and to be in class with me. *happy sigh*

whiteboxerboy
No, I don't have a life!

Postby whiteboxerboy » Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:59 pm

Right on! That's really nice. Hope you guys have fun!

SherriA
Built-in Forum Feature

Postby SherriA » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:05 pm

Very cool!

Jen
Built-in Forum Feature

Postby Jen » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:22 pm

I'm so glad things are working out for you at the "new" training center!

QBert
No, I don't have a life!

Postby QBert » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:45 pm

that's wonderful!

yintzy
No, I don't have a life!

Postby yintzy » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:29 am

Yay. Nice compliment.

RobinS
No, I don't have a life!

Postby RobinS » Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:47 am

[quote=Calypso]I got an email from my new boss today. She told me that I'll have a blast from our past in my puppy class tomorrow. C was one of the original founders of the training school where I work. She had a big falling out with K after C's husband died and she's pretty much stayed away since. We see each other at dog events once in awhile and we're friendly, but it's a little awkward. Anyway, she has a new puppy and she's taking my puppy class! He's already in a class at another school, but she likes that we're trying to do a sort of Dunbar-type Redux puppy class.

C was my first puppy class "assistant" when I was given my own class to teach. I am so thrilled and honored that she's trusting me with her own puppy now. [/quote]

Very nice...tell me about your Dunbar-esque class? I do my class off leash.....it's so much better that way.

Calypso
Built-in Forum Feature

Postby Calypso » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:11 am

C loved the class!!!!! She made a point of telling me twice how much she enjoyed it.

Robin - at this point we're just trying to get everything as off leash as possible. Our puppy room is pretty big, so we have a smaller pen to make it easier for the puppies to be caught. It's been a very positive response so far and the puppies are responding well to the handling. We took a look at trying to do Dunbar's curriculum along with the off leash, but it's just not a comfortable match for us and my boss has a lot of experience with puppies and her own ideas as well, so I guess you could say our curriculum is an off leash puppy class scented with Dunbar's ideas. :P

I really enjoy the opportunity for the dogs to work off leash so much. I tried that once before but was shot down by management in favor of a more obedience competition-prep style.

RobinS
No, I don't have a life!

Postby RobinS » Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:44 am

Sounds a lot like my class.....and glad that you were appreciated by C!

Return to “Community News, Events & Brags”