Tricks!!!

This is the place to let people know about dog-related events, brag about successes and to submit news for the front page.
spiritdogs

Tricks!!!

Postby spiritdogs » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:19 am

I haven't posted in a while here, but thought that bragging on my girls was worth coming out of the lurking closet. I'm proud to say that Sioux has earned her Intermediate Trick Dog Title (at age 10+) and Sequoyah has earned the Advanced Trick Dog Title. That enabled me to acquire the CTDI. The program is through Kyra Sundance's "Do More With Your Dog" and, while I would love to have thought up the idea myself, I really do thank her for attempting to elevate the status of dogs that do tricks! After all, others may scoff, but it's all just about teaching complex behaviors, just as we would with service dogs, or any other discipline. Mostly though, this is just another reason to love my dogs, especially Sioux, who has never, ever, ever once failed me in anything I've asked of her.

RobinS
No, I don't have a life!

Re: Tricks!!!

Postby RobinS » Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:17 am

LTNS! Congrats on the titles and don't be a stranger here!

Sabine
Site Admin
Custom Title: One Dog Girl

Postby Sabine » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:55 pm

Anne, that is so great, congratulations! What's involved in earning those titles?

IMO teaching tricks is awesome. Teaching anything really, to keep a dog mentally engaged by discovering new things and problem solving.

SherriA
Built-in Forum Feature

Postby SherriA » Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:48 pm

Congratulations! That sounds like a fun title to earn!

Return to “Community News, Events & Brags”