UKC Rally San Diego April 9th

This is the place to let people know about dog-related events, brag about successes and to submit news for the front page.
Sabine
Site Admin
Custom Title: One Dog Girl

UKC Rally San Diego April 9th

Postby Sabine » Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:55 pm

We had it all at this trial today - sun, rain, wind (that blew over my EZ-Up, luckily no damage) a bunch of great people and mostly great dogs. lol

Quigley was very sniffy today, so in the coming weeks we'll work on a refresher course of "no sniffing in the ring". Scores weren't high, as in addition to tougher UKC scoring (compared to AKC) the judge is also known to have a sharp pencil. :grin: Nonetheless, we did well, getting placements in all 4 runs.

A major deduction in our first run of the day (trial 1, level 2) was solely my fault, doing a figure 8 around the two wrong bowls. This is not the first time I've done this, and I wish UKC would use 2 cones and 2 bowls like AKC for this. On the other hand, we had a beautilful backup 3 steps in level 3. Ever since Quigley learned to do this properly, I always wish it appears on the course.

Long story short, Trial 1: 4th place in Level 2 and 2nd place in Level 3. Trial 2: 2nd place in level 2 and 3rd place in Level 3. Also URX legs #11 and #12 (this is UKC's RAE equivalent)!

Sad: looks like this might be our last UKC trial for 2011. :( The club in Santa Maria will not have theirs in September this year as they couldn't find anyone to volunteer as a trial chair.
Attachments
aboci2011.jpg
Ribbonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnz!
aboci2011.jpg (654.06 KiB) Viewed 1808 times

Paige
Yes, I do have a life!

Re: UKC Rally San Diego April 9th

Postby Paige » Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:06 pm

that's awesome!
Cash, LT and Soda. And some cats. Cats that are mean.

SherriA
Built-in Forum Feature

Postby SherriA » Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:52 pm

Congratulations on another great performance! Pity you won't have the Sept trial to look forward to.

ETA: I love squinty Q-man!

UpwardDog
No, I don't have a life!

Postby UpwardDog » Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:13 pm

Nice job!

Bari
Built-in Forum Feature

Postby Bari » Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:22 pm

They worked very hard for their shiney Ribbons :)

yintzy
No, I don't have a life!

Postby yintzy » Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:56 am

Congratulations. You guys are really raking in the Q's.

Calypso
Built-in Forum Feature

Postby Calypso » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:37 pm

That's great! Is it 20 legs for the title?

Sabine
Site Admin
Custom Title: One Dog Girl

Postby Sabine » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:29 pm

Thanks everybody!

[quote=Calypso]Is it 20 legs for the title?[/quote]

Actually it's exactly the same as the RAE in AKC - 10 double qualifiers for the URX, and for each additional 10 you get a number after it, e.g. URX2,URX3 and so on.

I haven't posted about this so far because it's not official yet, but since UKC was so kind to retroactively count 2010 double Q's even though the title was added for 2011, we actually earned the URX at the trial in January. Unfortunately UKC's record keeping was incorrect and they showed us 2 legs short, so I had to send in my notes and they are currently investigating and straightening things out. Our certificate should arrive in the mail soon. :)

I'm not upset at all, because I didn't know they would retroactively count legs, so I was already sad we wouldn't have enough trials to go to this year to finish it.

Still struggling on the UROC championship points though. We've got 33 out of 100, so 67 to go...

Return to “Community News, Events & Brags”