Rally Report: RAE legs #34 and #35

This is the place to let people know about dog-related events, brag about successes and to submit news for the front page.
Sabine
Site Admin
Custom Title: One Dog Girl

Rally Report: RAE legs #34 and #35

Postby Sabine » Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:46 pm

We had a pretty terrible trial on 2/19 - rain (first time ever we actually had the bad luck and it poured at an outdoor trial), freezing cold (for So Cal anyway :p ), show ground distractions including a petting zoo full of interesting critters. lol Everything just came together to form perfect disaster. In the obedience ring my dog looked like he was transplanted to a foreign planet. We didn't even Q in Excellent, and obedience was a total disaster. The only highlights of the day were 1. seeing a fellow exhibitor get 1st place in Rally Excellent with her PRT and 2. getting into the nice, warm car for the drive home.

But anyway... about this weekend:

The best thing: we were spared the rain, since it was an indoor show. We have very few of them. Not so good: the flooring was asphalt and there was no ring matting at all, and we shared a building with a bunch of conformation rings, so it was very, very noisy.

As far as Rally is concerned, things went ok. We got 4th place out of a group of 11 or so dogs in Excellent on Friday. Had to eat some points on imperfect moving downs (cold, hard floor) and I was a bit distracted, so we got one IP (Improper Performance, minus 10 points) in our Advanced run on Friday and our Excellent run on Saturday, but those were my fault and not Quigley's.

We also tried for our last Graduate Novice leg again in obedience, but Quigley didn't do his drop on recall both days, so no success. I'm happy to say that his heeling and figure 8 were ok though, which were the things where we had issues on our previous 2 attempts. We ran into a new problem though, he anticipated almost all the finishes. This makes 5 NQ's since we got our 2nd leg, so I'm going to hold off on trying again for a while and go back to training.

So March will be a rally-only month, with one entry planned for our first ever ASCA trial (starting in Rally Novice again lol ) and one weekend of two AKC trials for more RAE legs.
Attachments
rae34-35.jpg
rae34-35.jpg (320.78 KiB) Viewed 1856 times

Trademarkbark
No, I don't have a life!

Re: Rally Report: RAE legs #34 and #35

Postby Trademarkbark » Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:54 pm

Yea Quigley! So proud of you guys!
CA UFGRCH USCH GRCH "Spud" TT FDC CA CGC TKN
CAX UFGRCH USCH GRCH "OE" TT CA TKN FDC BCAT CGC
USCH UFCH GRCH GCH "Grytz" TT CGCU TKN FDC
CH "Doozy" FDC CGC TKN

SherriA
Built-in Forum Feature

Postby SherriA » Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:38 pm

Wow, that first weekend sounds miserable :( But hooray for a better time this weekend! Congrats on the good work!

Jen
Built-in Forum Feature

Postby Jen » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:45 pm

Quigley's the man! Congrats to both of you.

Asphalt inside? :confused:

Bari
Built-in Forum Feature

Postby Bari » Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:11 pm

Congrats on 2 more legs. You are such an inspiration :)

Sabine
Site Admin
Custom Title: One Dog Girl

Postby Sabine » Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:13 pm

Thanks everybody! We'll be working harder to make more of these little issues go away. Maybe someday we'll get a perfect score (in rally, it won't happen in obedience), so far we have not managed better than 98.

Jen, it was one of the exhibit halls at the Del Mar fairgrounds, and on the inside basically looked like a big warehouse built on a parking lot. lol

Some of the other indoor shows where we've trialed have pretty nice flooring, at least somewhat smooth concrete, and generally also rubber or carpet matting in the rings.

Lisa_LoveMyBCs
Quite involved

Postby Lisa_LoveMyBCs » Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:45 pm

Congrats on the rally legs!
Quigley is so adorable! :cool:
Lisa and her BCs - Ben, Nan, Lad, and Nic (need to add his photo)

Calypso
Built-in Forum Feature

Postby Calypso » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:45 am

Way to go!

yintzy
No, I don't have a life!

Postby yintzy » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:54 am

That's great. Congratulations. Oh, I so know those days when nothing goes right and your dog doesn't show up.... sigh. Glad things went so well this weekend.

Return to “Community News, Events & Brags”