More than 100 dogs seized from a home!

This is the place to let people know about dog-related events, brag about successes and to submit news for the front page.
SuperCooper
Regular

More than 100 dogs seized from a home!

Postby SuperCooper » Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:51 pm

So this is how I spent my Friday and Saturday-finally home and exhausted but lots more work to do!

I'm going to be taking tomorrow off as most of our help (people coming out from seeing it on the news) will more than likely dwindle when Monday comes and they must return to work. So sad, apparently from what I'm hearing she was trying to bred them and it got out of hand. What I don't get though is if she was breeding them for money-why does she have so many still and we can't find where she was even advertising them for sale. I think its a cover story to hide her hoarding personally. The media has another take on the story though...

http://www.fox8.com/news/wjw-medina-cou ... 9690.story
Last edited by SuperCooper on Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:22 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: fixed link to make it clickable

SherriA
Built-in Forum Feature

Re: More than 100 dogs seized from a home!

Postby SherriA » Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:05 pm

Wow Heather, how exhausting! Thanks for helping these poor dogs. I hope they can get them healthy enough to be adopted soon.

Sabine
Site Admin
Custom Title: One Dog Girl

Postby Sabine » Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:25 pm

Wow, that is so sad. I'm glad all these dogs are out of that terrible situation and on track to find great homes.

It's so great that you were able to help out. :)

RobinS
No, I don't have a life!

Postby RobinS » Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:32 pm

I don't even know what to say.

SuperCooper
Regular

Postby SuperCooper » Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:34 pm

I ended up driving up there today (its only a block from my house) and we are more than likely looking to lose another litter of puppies-they aren't doing good. There was maybe 3 feet of feces in the home and the owners didn't live there anymore. I'm not tall at all and I was hunched over to keep my head from hitting the ceiling when we were rounding up all the dogs.

UpwardDog
No, I don't have a life!

Postby UpwardDog » Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:40 pm

UGH I can't even click. How awful.

kristinBcute
Quite involved

Postby kristinBcute » Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:46 pm

way to go you for helping all those dogs out! It's so sad they have had to live like that but now they are going to have a new lease on life!

JudyL
No, I don't have a life!

Postby JudyL » Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:39 pm

Thank you for helping rescue these dogs from their awful situation. Hope you don't lose too many more. :(

connie
Built-in Forum Feature

Postby connie » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:20 am

No matter how many times I read stuff like this, my mind still boggles. It's so, so sad for the animals and humans alike.

SuperCooper
Regular

Postby SuperCooper » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:03 pm

So the two ladies running this admited that they were in need of money and saw how people were into the designer dog fad so they were breeding for money-THIS IS GREAT and now it can be used for testimony and motivatation in court.

The dog count is up to 130 since many puppies have been born and we still have I believe 4 pregant dogs so this total will rise. I am upset as they are going going to charge them with 20 counts of animal cruelty! Also the one dog they found glued to the floor in feces has now passed-he's not suffering anymore but so sad he couldn't experience how great a dog's life really could be!

I saw the ladies today when we went back over to the house-I literally could of punched them in their face! I'm not a violent person but when people treat animals this way it really takes every ounce of self control I can muster up! They don't see how its a big deal and just kept mentioning how much money they were making off the dogs. This is why I'm so upset with the ONLY 20 counts against them-because even after all this they still haven't learned a darn thing! GRRR!

SherriA
Built-in Forum Feature

Postby SherriA » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:17 pm

For some people, dogs are "livestock" more than pets. I don't get it, but I see it sometimes. I hope the charges stick.

connie
Built-in Forum Feature

Postby connie » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:47 am

[quote=SherriA]For some people, dogs are "livestock" more than pets. I don't get it, but I see it sometimes. I hope the charges stick. [/quote]

It's not only that, because plenty of people who keep livestock treat the animals well -- it's more like there are people, it seems to me, who lack some basic sense of compassion, the ability to empathize. I have no idea why this is, but the number of people with such emotional disabilities seems to be increasing. :(

SuperCooper
Regular

Postby SuperCooper » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:56 am

Connie-I LOVE HOW you put that!

I just see them doing this again. The media did get ahold of their names and now are recieving death threats, etc-I don't agree with people who are doing that they should refocus their anger to something positive.

The mother daughter duo don't get it and I feel they will do this again-I was just like man this a inconvience now they have to go to court and have people threatening them for the time being.

It is sad! My ex's family had a farm and bred and raised animals they really took care of them great. Most were cows and I remember his mom bawling her eyes out when one passed away-a true view of how she cared about these animals! Some people would be like really you're crying over a cow-but I get it as I'm sure many others would.

Return to “Community News, Events & Brags”