Illinois Law on Breed Bans

This is the place to let people know about dog-related events, brag about successes and to submit news for the front page.
RobinS
No, I don't have a life!

Illinois Law on Breed Bans

Postby RobinS » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:30 am

Moemer
Yes, I do have a life!

Re: Illinois Law on Breed Bans

Postby Moemer » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:45 pm

just doesn't end...
Emily
Elsie (ACDX) and Arlo (FoxhoundX)

Sabine
Site Admin
Custom Title: One Dog Girl

Postby Sabine » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:15 pm

*sigh*

connie
Built-in Forum Feature

Postby connie » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:16 am

It's more of the same political pandering -- the pols want to make the voters think that 'I can make you and your kids safer!' -- sound-bite mentality. Stupid. The petition's fine, but what will be more effective is for Illinois residents to contact their state reps and scream loud and long about getting this blocked. Elected officials *always* respond better to hearing from their constituents than they do to internet petitions. "I'll never vote for you again, you silly twit, and I'll give money to your opponent!" That gets their attention. :)

MaisyPancakes
Permanent Resident

Postby MaisyPancakes » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:45 am

What really works is when Connie calls them up and has all her shelt- et al woof cussin' in the background! :D

Calypso
Built-in Forum Feature

Postby Calypso » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:25 am

I just emailed him saying that I don't live in Illinois, but I do live in Wisconsin and will not attend dog events in Illinois, thereby keeping my precious money out of Illinois coffers.

Sabine
Site Admin

Postby Sabine » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:06 pm

This might actually be a situation where AKC with its clout could do some good.
http://www.akc.org/canine_legislation/federations.cfm

I don't see anything on their site yet:
http://www.akc.org/news/sections/legislative_alerts.cfm

kristinBcute
Quite involved

Postby kristinBcute » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:44 pm

so I'm sorry I am a little confused and would you help me clarify? Right now there is a law in act not discriminating any particular breed in general and this guy wants to take away that act and put one into effect that discriminates against so called "vicious" breeds? correct me if I'm wrong but I reread that article several times and was still confused! It's been a long day for me :crazy:

connie
Built-in Forum Feature

Postby connie » Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:34 am

[quote=kristinBcute]so I'm sorry I am a little confused and would you help me clarify? Right now there is a law in act not discriminating any particular breed in general and this guy wants to take away that act and put one into effect that discriminates against so called "vicious" breeds? correct me if I'm wrong but I reread that article several times and was still confused! It's been a long day for me :crazy: [/quote]

Yes, you are correct. This moron wants to undo the law that FORBIDS slapping the 'dangerous' label on an entire breed.

Right now here in Illinois you can have a dog be deemed 'dangerous' but it cannot be 'dangerous' simply because of its breed.

Right now you could be told 'your dog has bitten four people, it is a dangerous dog and you have to take certain steps to make sure it is confined' -- if this law passes, you could be told 'you have a Rottweiler, it is a dangerous dog even though it has never bitten anyone.'

Almost without a doubt, this legislator is trying to tell his constituents that he will protect them from the gang-bangers, and almost without a doubt, this law is aimed at pitbulls -- although it would probably affect Rotties, GSDs, and Boxers as well.

kristinBcute
Quite involved

Postby kristinBcute » Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:40 pm

wow I hope someone stops him from doing this, Will people never learn that a toy poodle can be just as "viscous" as any other breed on the block? yes the size of the jaws matter but a bite is a bite!

Sabine
Site Admin

Postby Sabine » Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:30 pm

It's all so much BS, just like so-called "security" at airports, having to take off your shoes and put liquids/gels in containers under 3 1/2 oz volume and inside a one-quart size zip lock bag. :rolleyes:

It may make some sheeple feel "safer", because they are told to do a specific thing that supposedly will increase their safety, but in truth it's just theater. I want to see a list of terrorists that have been caught because they were told to take their shoes off and transport their contact lens solution in a ziplock bag. :stupid:

Return to “Community News, Events & Brags”