Whisper Kicks Butt

This is the place to let people know about dog-related events, brag about successes and to submit news for the front page.
yintzy
No, I don't have a life!

Whisper Kicks Butt

Postby yintzy » Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:26 pm

I hate to keep coming out of lurk mode for brags but will again because these are huge. I'm keeping up with your posts and most of you on Facebook. Hopefully I will be able to participate more in 2011.

Huge Whisper brag though. We trialed for three days this weekend. Whisper had a huge weekend. 4 Q's which is huge for Whisper. We had a QQ on Friday and she took first in standard (the only dog to qualify in a wicked hard course) and third in jumpers. She took fifth in jumpers on Saturday and then third place in standard on Sunday. The 16" class wasn't huge but Saturday and Sunday, there were two world team members present so she measured up really well.

Shasta got a leg in Ex.A standard by a miracle of me doing some finagling to get her into the weaves the first time. It was actually a beautiful run and she got some compliments and I got some great compliments on handling her. She also jumped at 26" for the first time in a show and loved it. She was so much happier with the bigger jumps but it took a day for her to get used to it.

I do have some video here... I'm so proud of Whisper. She was a champ.

ETA: She amassed over 70 MACH points!!!!

[video:youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJKLUS6q3Dc[/video]

SherriA
Built-in Forum Feature

Re: Whisper Kicks Butt

Postby SherriA » Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:08 pm

Wow, congratulations!

Whispy was blazing! She looks so much happier with running contacts (look at me, throwing around jargon like I know what I'm talking about :lol:). I remember how she used to get cranky about stopping on the contact equipment. She ran right through the weaves too! What a change from whatever it was that made her meander through them at trials in the past. You both look like you were having such a good time. :grin:

Shasta looks like a deer jumping so high!

yintzy
No, I don't have a life!

Postby yintzy » Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:14 pm

Thank you :)

And your jargon is right on.

Moemer
Yes, I do have a life!

Postby Moemer » Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:46 pm

"and the very best of courses, too"

good choice of song!

and great run!!
Emily
Elsie (ACDX) and Arlo (FoxhoundX)

Bari
Built-in Forum Feature

Postby Bari » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:17 pm

Whispy looks awesome out there.

Shasta reminds me of a friend who has a Keeshond who jumps Gazelle like that. Nothing but net :) (that's a basketball term for nailing that basket without hittiing the backboard for you non sports fans) ;)

yintzy
No, I don't have a life!

Postby yintzy » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:23 am

Thanks. I'm so proud of Whisper.

Yes, Shasta is a Gazelle. I wish those long legs would stop enough to get in those stupid weave poles. Her jumping looks a lot better now that she's jumping 26".

connie
Built-in Forum Feature

Postby connie » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:34 am

Whisper has really hit her stride! It looks like it's all come together for her, and let's not forget the handler -- those were some really good runs, Whispy got good direction all the time, you kept a really nice pace/flow going (and we know Shelties hate breaks in the flow) and were always clear with your cues. Had to move your feet to get in some of those front crosses, I see, particularly that one as she comes off the teeter. ROFL

Really nice teamwork, you should be very proud. You lived up to the Princess, so she worked her heart out for you!

yintzy
No, I don't have a life!

Postby yintzy » Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:49 am

[quote=connie] Had to move your feet to get in some of those front crosses, I see, particularly that one as she comes off the teeter. ROFL

Really nice teamwork, you should be very proud. You lived up to the Princess, so she worked her heart out for you! [/quote]

I also can never stop on course except at the table. She hates it. So you see me taking these little steps while waiting for her, that's why.

Thanks. I'm so proud of her.

yintzy
No, I don't have a life!

Postby yintzy » Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:52 am

P.S. Her running contacts are making me really proud. I'm very impressed by them. We have to practice the DW a lot because otherwise she'll stride over the yellow.

Sabine
Site Admin
Custom Title: One Dog Girl

Postby Sabine » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:02 pm

What a great accomplishment. Congrats!

Wow, you got an early start in the year. :grin:

kristinBcute
Quite involved

Postby kristinBcute » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Congratulations, way to go :thumbup: at least she isn't attacking any tunnels this go around, still love that video! teehee!

yintzy
No, I don't have a life!

Postby yintzy » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:16 am

[quote=kristinBcute]Congratulations, way to go :thumbup: at least she isn't attacking any tunnels this go around, still love that video! teehee! [/quote]

Me too. Stinker.

yintzy
No, I don't have a life!

Postby yintzy » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:17 am

[quote=Mordanna]What a great accomplishment. Congrats!

Wow, you got an early start in the year. :grin: [/quote]

There are a lot of indoor trials in the winter now. Considering our horrible weather, heat, rain, etc. I might be doing more trialing in the winter/summer under controlled settings - less injury that way.

UpwardDog
No, I don't have a life!

Postby UpwardDog » Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:17 am

Wow. Great stuff!
(PS what song is that?)

yintzy
No, I don't have a life!

Postby yintzy » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:17 am

Song is "Better Things" by The Kinks - one of my all time favorites, especially for New Year's.

Return to “Community News, Events & Brags”