Zuki - Converting the Non-believers

This is the place to let people know about dog-related events, brag about successes and to submit news for the front page.
Nate

Zuki - Converting the Non-believers

Postby Nate » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:26 pm

Hello!

So we have a friend, she has another friend. A really easy going guy. I guess when he was younger he was bitten in the face by a dog(dunno what breed) and ever since has been wary of all dogs(understandably).

So, fast forward to now. Him and our other friend come over for video game night, and then on sunday to watch the Dexter finale.

The first night he seems to like them(Obi is crated and quiet, Zuki is contained in the bedroom until we ask if its ok to let her out), toward the end of the night he says "you wanna come home with me girl?" Obviously he seems to like her enough to feel comfortable. She sits on the couch, not next to him, but does her normal wiggle-butt-people-slut tactics to gain leverage.

On sunday, he says"I want a pit bull...", after cuddling with her on the couch( like blocky head in lap and face to face) I like die a little inside. So he's cooing and baby talking Zuki at the end of the night...What a good girl.

Obi is still crated, but takes food nicely from strangers. His love is rough lol(whole-hearted and honest, but rough). We've had to put training on hold until we got rid of the last foster that took a lot of our time.

So clicker training and winter weight-pull resumes with Obi this week, and Zuki starts agility in January.

I LOVE having dogs that are ambassadors to the breed. Good bulldogs!!

Nate

SherriA
Built-in Forum Feature

Re: Zuki - Converting the Non-believers

Postby SherriA » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:32 pm

WTG Nate and Zuki! She really is such a good ambassador for the breed. You've worked so hard with her and its really paying off. I hope your friend's friend finds a fabulous rescue pittie for himself. :)

UpwardDog
No, I don't have a life!

Postby UpwardDog » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:59 pm

Aaaw good girl Zuki. Changin minds one human at a time.

Sabine
Site Admin
Custom Title: One Dog Girl

Postby Sabine » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:03 pm

That story gave me goose bumps. :) Yay Obi and Zuki for being such great ambassadors for dogs in general, and Pitties specifically. :D

Nate

Postby Nate » Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:22 am

Thanks so much! She's such a sweetheart.

Nate

Return to “Community News, Events & Brags”