Cooper's OFFICAL!

This is the place to let people know about dog-related events, brag about successes and to submit news for the front page.
SuperCooper
Regular

Cooper's OFFICAL!

Postby SuperCooper » Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:23 am

We had our first tourney this weekend and Cooper did AMAZING!

He made me so proud! I had him just signed up for singles-in his first race of the day he won 2 of the 4 heats! By the second race he was ready to go! He won all 4 heats! The other dog even chased him down the lane (not sure if he was trying to attack him or what-he was pulled out the next day) but Cooper didn't even notice until he was already coming for his tug! He fastest time that day was 5.6 (that is with a 1.8 reaction time-i still cannot get that figured out).

The second day we went to do single and it was all Cooper (the other dog did not run). We got mostly false starts because I had him back at 40ft and let him go when I did the previous day but he was getting there too soon! His fastest time was a 5.2 (with I believe a 1.3 reaction time-so a little better). We were surprised when he was asked to run with the team!

UpwardDog
No, I don't have a life!

Re: Cooper's OFFICAL!

Postby UpwardDog » Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:24 am

Wooohooo!

SuperCooper
Regular

Postby SuperCooper » Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:28 am

Opps-didn't finish!

He ran with the team-which I was nervous because we haven't really worked on passing at all! He did AWESOME! We ran so much-smaller tourney, running almost every other race and something happened in the middle where he would not pass or go at all! He never crossed the start finish when he stopped (though he was a paw away from it spinning around) and even stopped and laid down between jumps but he eventually came back from that and ran 3 BACK TO BACK RACES! We ended up stratching my 2nd singles run but we got a TITLE!

I think he was closer to the 5.2 during his runs with the team but it was hard to remember to look along with all the other things I was trying to remember not to do and to do at the same time! I was a wreck all weekend!

He even bobbled a ball and drop it but recovered-never got a flag until mom swung her tug too close the sensor and set it off! I felt bad because it cost the team points-lesson learned real fast. Didn't feel I was that close but someone said it was when I grabbed it off my shoulder the tip swung out into the sensors like 1/4 of an inch....

SherriA
Built-in Forum Feature

Postby SherriA » Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:01 pm

Well done Cooper & Heather! Sounds like you both had a great time this weekend.

Sabine
Site Admin
Custom Title: One Dog Girl

Postby Sabine » Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:36 pm

Very cool! Congrats!

SuperCooper
Regular

Postby SuperCooper » Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:11 pm

Thanks everyone!

It was so nice to see what I need to work on and that would be passing and when to release him!

I'm supposed to go to another tournament in November, not sure if I will have the cash to do it but I will more than likely enter him in singles again-he was going nuts (he didn't make a sound, just you could feel him like let me go mom!). I feel it will give me a better estimate on where to place him at and when to let him go-not just his time improvements!

He did run slower than I expected him too but I think that was him not understanding where he was, I could feel it like literally clicked right before the last race in him.

Trademarkbark
No, I don't have a life!

Postby Trademarkbark » Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:08 pm

Sounds like fun~! Congrats~!
CA UFGRCH USCH GRCH "Spud" TT FDC CA CGC TKN
CAX UFGRCH USCH GRCH "OE" TT CA TKN FDC BCAT CGC
USCH UFCH GRCH GCH "Grytz" TT CGCU TKN FDC
CH "Doozy" FDC CGC TKN

Calypso
Built-in Forum Feature

Postby Calypso » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:26 pm

Congrats! Your hard work is paying off.

QBert
No, I don't have a life!

Postby QBert » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:45 pm

Congratulations!

JudyL
No, I don't have a life!

Postby JudyL » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:11 pm

Congratulations. It's great to hear that Cooper did so well for his first time and that you both enjoyed yourselves.

Return to “Community News, Events & Brags”