Bones Would Rain from the Sky

Discuss dog books! Anything from training to holistic remedies, or even just dog-related fiction.
amyzon
No, I don't have a life!

Bones Would Rain from the Sky

Postby amyzon » Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:20 pm

by Suzanne Clothier. I had seen this book mentioned several times and finally ran across it at the bookstore.

This was my vacation read, and I can't think of a better book to enjoy while on vacation with Pepper and Abby. I really, really, liked this book, not only because she made me more aware of the subtleties of my dogs' responses and feelings, but also because she freely described her past mistakes, how heartbroken they made her, and how she learned from them and went on. Even though she has years of experience and study, I still felt like I could relate to her on some level. The book left me with a renewed appreciation for my dogs' importance in my life, and even more of a realization that I will probably learn more from them than they will ever need to learn from me. Very touching and enlightening.

spanielcrazy
Just popping in

Re: Bones Would Rain from the Sky

Postby spanielcrazy » Sat Apr 14, 2007 5:25 pm

This book is at the top of my all time favorite books and I think it's a must read for all dog owners who want to get to an even deeper closer relationship with their dogs

sammy
No, I don't have a life!

Postby sammy » Sat Apr 14, 2007 6:54 pm

I just got it from the library and started reading it last week ! :cool:

PaulaS
Built-in Forum Feature

Postby PaulaS » Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:40 am

I can't believe that I've been reading this book for months, now. Everyone else loves it, but I still haven't been able to finish it. I must get busy!

Although I'm now a quarter of a way through a herding book. And halfway through a James Patterson novel. I'm not very good at multi-task reading!
Last edited by PaulaS on Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:03 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: Because correct spelling counts!
Paula
Lilly, Jack, Alex and Will

amyzon
No, I don't have a life!

Postby amyzon » Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:06 am

Paula, we listened to a James Patterson book on CD, "Step on a Crack" on the way to Florida. He's one of my favorites! I think I've read almost everything he has written. I love Patricia Cornwell too.

I can't multi-task read either. Way too hard!

biscuit
Yes, I do have a life!

Postby biscuit » Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:55 am

Just the title touches my heart. I can't wait to get this book. Thanks for the review.

Kim_N_Chinook
Quite involved

Postby Kim_N_Chinook » Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:12 pm

What a great book. Suzanne Clothier has such a likable, down to earth style, that made me wish I knew her. I loved what she had to say and the manner in which she said it. Would love to attend one of her seminars in the future.

Bones, is one of my favorites. :love:

Carson_Crazies
No, I don't have a life!

Postby Carson_Crazies » Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:42 pm

This book is on my must-read list, but like Paula I'm multi-booking at the moment. Unfortunately I'm not getting very far on any of them, so I may need a kick in the pants. 'Course with Spring sorta flirting around with me, how can I read right now?
Laura & the Crazies:
Nick, Linc, Pia, June, and Ginger
RIP Zippy - January 11, 1994 to April 9, 2012

http://www.crooksandcrazies.blogspot.com

luvarescue
No, I don't have a life!

Postby luvarescue » Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:39 am

Bones is my all-time favorite dog book. I read it all the way through, then decided to read it again and highlight areas that resonated with me. After I was done highlighting, I read the highlighted areas again and noticed that I had missed highlighting some important parts. I then gave up highlighting, since almost the whole book would have ended up being highlighted!

Suzanne Clothier's training center is just two hours from my home. I signed up for a seminar this spring that ended up being canceled. I plan on attending the next one in the fall. I think she is the best and I re-read Bones every four months or so. I can't gush enough about her and her book!

Return to “Books & Literature”