"My Dog Pulls - What Do I Do?"

Discuss dog books! Anything from training to holistic remedies, or even just dog-related fiction.
spiritdogs

"My Dog Pulls - What Do I Do?"

Postby spiritdogs » Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:47 pm

This is a booklet by Turid Rugaas on the subject of dogs that pull on leash. Since that's probably the number one complaint I hear from my students (the other two are "how do I get him to stop jumping up?" and "I want him to come when I call him"), I'm curious if any of you have read it, and whether you think it would benefit the average joe just trying to train his family dog.

Sabine
Site Admin
Custom Title: One Dog Girl

Re: "My Dog Pulls - What Do I Do?"

Postby Sabine » Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:47 pm

I have read it and really, really liked it.

See here. :)

Winter
Just popping in

Postby Winter » Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:49 pm

I have just ordered her other book on calming signals, as I think that is really interesting and I would love to learn more about it. I have read some, and it is wonderful to be able to observe and understand your dog's communication with you/others/other dogs this way. Ok, I am getting carried away, back to topic:

Regarding the book you mention, I did not order it as I have heard that you can get a lot of that information on her website if you do a search, she does a lot of Q and A there. However, I have a feeling I will order it at some point: I have heard a lot of good things about her methods..and I am sure the information is presented in a way that just is an improvement to Q and As...

Sabine
Site Admin
Custom Title: One Dog Girl

Postby Sabine » Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:50 pm

If you have looked into working on leash pulling, the book isn't really going to tell you anything new.

It's especially handy for people who need a little more info than written instructions, but you might not need it.

Return to “Books & Literature”