Jim Gorant's The Lost Dogs

Discuss dog books! Anything from training to holistic remedies, or even just dog-related fiction.
Nate

Jim Gorant's The Lost Dogs

Postby Nate » Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:38 pm

Hey,

I dunno if anyone else has read it...but I thought it was fantastic. Mr. Gorant does a fantastic job of empathizing with the animals. It's not an easy read, but to me it's an honest portrayal of what these animals went through.

Nate

connie
Built-in Forum Feature

Re: Jim Gorant's The Lost Dogs

Postby connie » Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:16 am

I won't be able to read it -- good grief, I couldn't even manage Nop's Trials, and that's fiction! -- but I'm glad he wrote it, it got stellar reviews, and I hope it is widely read.

RobinS
No, I don't have a life!

Postby RobinS » Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:57 pm

One of my friends read it and said it's not as gory as you think and that it's very well written...said she had to read the whole thing in one day, couldn't put it down.

Nate

Postby Nate » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:15 pm

Ya I loved it, it is hard to read. Not many books I've bought have justified the hardcover price. This one did.

Nate

connie
Built-in Forum Feature

Postby connie » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:38 am

I am going to see if it's in my local library. Maybe I can read it since I already know the outcome, you know? LOL

Calypso
Built-in Forum Feature

Postby Calypso » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:21 am

Connie - I read it while I was super hormonal and not once did I break down into sobs. There were a few uncomfortable parts, but nothing too horrendous. And if anyone was going to break down and/or have a nightmare it was me.

connie
Built-in Forum Feature

Postby connie » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:30 am

[quote=Calypso]Connie - I read it while I was super hormonal and not once did I break down into sobs. There were a few uncomfortable parts, but nothing too horrendous. And if anyone was going to break down and/or have a nightmare it was me. [/quote]

Okay. :thumbup:

I'm just afraid if I read about dogs being mistreated I will go out and adopt more homeless seniors! lol

ransam
Settling in

Postby ransam » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:04 pm

I'm currently reading it...almost finished. It is a hard read, but it's a good book. I can't believe that they didn't put the monster away for good.

Return to “Books & Literature”