My Sander's Book Came

Discuss dog books! Anything from training to holistic remedies, or even just dog-related fiction.
Bari
Built-in Forum Feature

My Sander's Book Came

Postby Bari » Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:48 pm

I just got it today. It looks wonderful. Guess what I'll be doing later. Thanks Connie, Nana and Acorn too :)

SherriA
Built-in Forum Feature

Re: My Sander's Book Came

Postby SherriA » Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:07 pm

Ooooo...I can't wait for mine to arrive! I'm jealous!

connie
Built-in Forum Feature

Postby connie » Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:28 pm

Sherri, yours went out the same day Bari's did, so it should be delivered on Monday!

Okay-- I have sold 69 books so far, and my good friend M (the one whose Shelties I boarded while she was in the hospital) has given money to cover the cost of 20 more books that will be given out as promotional items, once I get a publicity promo set up. That was really nice of her, it means I don't have to eat the cost of those books, and inside the cover of each promo copy I am going to put a sticker saying "this complimentary copy of Sander's Book is presented to you by M___ in memory of her Sheltie, SusieB" -- or whatever dog M wants to honor.

The doggie bakery sold half a dozen copies this week. I have also given away ten copies, that I will pay for -- to my mom, to my pet-sitter (who was with me when Sander died), etc.

That means -- drumroll please -- that more than ONE HUNDRED BOOKS are gone, that is one-fifth of my printing!

And that is $525 to the shelter -- more, actually, because some people gave me $20 and said to put the difference into the donation. So the shelter is $578 right now. It's going to PAWS Chicago, by the way, which was the first shelter in Chicago to go no-kill. :thumbup:

Thank you to EVERYONE here on ODO who bought books. I appreciate this community so much, and I hope that you all enjoy the book and find it useful. :love:

sammy
No, I don't have a life!

Postby sammy » Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:35 pm

WOW That's awesome! Congrats Connie!

Pchan
No, I don't have a life!

Postby Pchan » Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:54 pm

that's fantastic connie! i can't wait to see my copy :)

connie
Built-in Forum Feature

Postby connie » Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:07 pm

Jen, I mailed yours on the 5th, but it went media mail rate, and that takes longer. Heather, I took yours to the PO today but they didn't have a customs form. I guess in my neighborhood, nobody ever mails anything out of the country! :confused: During the week I go to the PO in the Sears Tower, downtown, and I'll mail yours from there on Monday. :thumbup:

Sabine
Site Admin
Custom Title: One Dog Girl

Postby Sabine » Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:16 pm

Connie, you can download customs forms online:
http://webapps.usps.com/customsforms/

I found that very handy when I mailed my gift swap package, since I was able to fill in everything before going to the post office. :)

LisaT_II
Yes, I do have a life!

Postby LisaT_II » Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:44 pm

connie, you must *really* be getting to know your postal clerks well!!
Max-n-Indy

Info regarding Ticks and Tick Diseases
http://tinyurl.com/3arfn6r

Forum for the GSD enthusiast!
germanshepherdhome.net/forum

Return to “Books & Literature”