One Brown Spotted Dog, Free to Good Home....

All kinds of dog talk here!
Panda
Quite involved

One Brown Spotted Dog, Free to Good Home....

Postby Panda » Fri May 06, 2005 8:06 am

She's already spayed. Knows sit, down, stay, off and leave it. Knows come but rarely does so. Cuddler. Very sweet tempered. Loves children. Loves to run. Far. A lot.

Okay...so maybe I'm not quite ready to get rid of MK yet, but I don't think she realizes exactly how close she is to being sold to the nearest band of gypsies.

As I was getting ready for work this morning my roofer called. He wanted me to run outside and see if/where electrical outlets were on the outside of the house and garage. I was on my cell so I just took the phone with me as I went out to check real quick. Well, apparently the side door didn't latch behind me because next thing I knew, the lovely Mk was darting down the street. Right down the middle of the damn road. I started cussing and ended up hanging up on my poor roofer. I took off down the street after her and she conveniently acted like she couldn't hear me screaming her name at the top of my lungs. I quickly realized that I had absolutely zero hope of catching her on foot. Going in the opposite direction doesn't interest her...she could care less what I'm doing, she's far more interested in the good smelling stuff in our new neighborhood. So, I ran back to my house and got my car while trying to keep an eye on which direction she was headed in. Fortunately I found her just a couple of blocks away and when I opened the car door and called to her she jumped right in. Thank God that dog loves to ride in the car!

I lectured her all the way home about how naughty she was and Big gave her a stern talking to as well when we got back home. I've lived in the neighborhood seven whole days and already managed to embarass myself running down the street in my robe screaming and chasing my damn dog. So much for making a good impression on the new neighbors.

Hmmm, on second thought....not free to good home....I'll pay YOU to take the little snot off my hands!

Calypso
Built-in Forum Feature

Re: One Brown Spotted Dog, Free to Good Home....

Postby Calypso » Fri May 06, 2005 10:39 am

Bring her by here, Teags. You can visit and then leave MK. You know I'd love to have her! I'd even take her for free.

At least now you know there is a potential problem with the side door. Better you find that out now when you're dressed than at 10:00 some rainy night in your jammies. Ah, who am I kidding? If Cousteau did that to me, he'd be sold at a generous discount to the nearest band of gypsies, too!

Sabine
Site Admin
Custom Title: One Dog Girl

Postby Sabine » Fri May 06, 2005 1:09 pm

oh geez, MK!!!! did you talk to abby recently? lol

RobinS
No, I don't have a life!

Postby RobinS » Fri May 06, 2005 3:54 pm

Whenever Bandit sneaks out the door, he becomes deaf and lame...it's just amazing, he can't hear me calling him and he can't seem to walk toward the house....it's just pitiful. My husband calls it "Bandit's playing Marco Polo, the World's Greatest Explorer.".....when he sneaks out in infuriates me to know end, but he is 15, and has yet to change his habit!

yessi
Regular

Postby yessi » Fri May 06, 2005 3:56 pm

Nice mental image

If it makes you feel any better, I saw one of my neighbors running down the street the other day in a bathrobe and a shower cap chasing after her 5 pomeranians. After I chuckled a bit (been there done that!!) I jumped in my car and helped her out

Amanda
Permanent Resident

Postby Amanda » Fri May 06, 2005 3:59 pm

Do I qualify as a band of gypsies?? Not sure when I'll be passing through, but I'd be happy to take her.

amyzon
No, I don't have a life!

Postby amyzon » Fri May 06, 2005 5:22 pm

oh geez, MK!!!! did you talk to abby recently? lol
lol...she's talked to one of the Abby's! LIttle miss Thang here has the exact same M.O. Give her an open door and she becomes Running Dog, Huntress of Wonderland Acres. Luckily we live on a very quiet dead end street, and she tends to run in the woods along the hill rather than in the street. She runs and runs and runs, then suddenly comes sprinting back to me and screeches to a stop with this unbelievable grin on her face. Flips my mad to happy every time...I'm such a sucker. We have since learned to lock the front door, since Pepper has enabled each of Abby's escapes by jumping up to hit the latch and open the door. Pepper just wants to go out and play frisbee, and will go sit in the yard with her frisbee in her mouth. Jeez, what a pair.

MK, Abby says you are more than welcome to move here; she says she can show you lots of good places to explore....

DawnJazz
Quite involved

Postby DawnJazz » Fri May 06, 2005 8:00 pm

Jazzy hates being outside by herself. If I run inside the house quick to get another garbage bag, or something else, she will sit on the porch and wait for me! LOL!
DawnK and Jasmine - Australian Cattle Dog

Michelle
Too much time on my hands

Postby Michelle » Sat May 07, 2005 5:03 am

Glad you got her back safely. MK that was very naughty!!

Lady turns deaf as soon as she is out too (actually no, she is just always deaf ) but she stays in the street, she goes and cleans all the neighbours kitty litter trays for them and eats any food left out for their cats/dogs.

PaulaS
Built-in Forum Feature

Postby PaulaS » Sun May 08, 2005 2:54 pm

What a bad girl! Now MK, you stop scaring your mom like that! I'm glad you got her back, Teags.
Paula
Lilly, Jack, Alex and Will

yintzy
No, I don't have a life!

Postby yintzy » Mon May 09, 2005 4:23 am

Oh man, so it was MK who was talking to Zoe and telling her what to do. Last weekend Zoe bolted up at the lake. It was quite embarassing her zooming and peeing all over our neighbor's lawn that they were trying to landscape. She then jumped in the lake and tried to fetch their boat mooring but that didn't work so she started zooming around their yard again. I'm so lucky she didn't dig any holes with three of us (my neighbors too) trying to catch her.

Return to “Our Dogs Online General Topics”