Please Good Thoughts and Magical Powers for MP

All kinds of dog talk here!
MaisyPancakes
Permanent Resident

Re: Please Good Thoughts and Magical Powers for MP

Postby MaisyPancakes » Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:41 am

Thank you all so, so much. She has been rallying to the point of ridiculousness, and I am just at a loss. Rehab vet said “Let her tell you what she needs, sounds like she is rallying, at least temporarily. See how she is in the AM” the reg vet said “She is calling all the shots and I am happy to have her do so!” I have no idea what I am doing.

emmas_mom
No, I don't have a life!

Postby emmas_mom » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:13 am

Nana, she will tell you. There is one thing you may need to do, and that is to tell her it is okay for her to go. She still may choose to stay awhile, but letting her know she will always exist in your heart even if her earthly body is not present may be what she needs to 'hear'. Our dogs are so in tune with our feelings, that I feel sure she is as concerned for you as you are for her.
Mom to Maggie. Ever remembering Sadie, Charley, Caleb, Belle, Oliver, Shiloh, Eddie, Mitzi, Allie and Emma.
My blog: http://www.mylifewiththecritters.blogspot.com

MaisyPancakes
Permanent Resident

Postby MaisyPancakes » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:03 am

Thank you, Jean. I had heard about their needing to hear that it is OK for her to go on, that I will be OK. I've been telling her every damn day in every way I know how. I've sent her pictures (from my head) of me having a grand old time all by myself in a field, eating screams and pizza.

My bestie tried to instill some confidence back in me that I will KNOW, too—that she will start slipping away, she will cross a line I did not know existed, and she will just be way ahead of me. I need to be able to trust myself to know, and remind myself how completely bonded we are, that I better effing know if she is ready to Pancake frisbee away into the sky. These last days, I felt like she was supposed to be ready, but I couldn't see it, so it seemed like it was my inability to know. I truly hope I will know.

My poor, wonderful vet and I are basically touching base hour by hour. We will be checking in all day, just in case.

Thank you all, for all the good thoughts. It is a matter of time, but right now at this very moment I just can't push her away.

Sabine
Site Admin
Custom Title: One Dog Girl

Postby Sabine » Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:10 pm

I'm sending lots of positive vibes your way, Nana. It's the most difficult time, having to say goodbye. For a long time you've made the best decisions for MP, and given her the most wonderful life a dog could have. I'm sure you'll do the same thing one last time, when it's necessary. You are both in my thoughts.

amyzon
No, I don't have a life!

Postby amyzon » Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:52 pm

I'm here too! I have been sending all my good energy via Facebook, but it felt more right to be here for Team Pancakes, because this is where it all began. Love and light to you guys....MP is truly special, and you two share a bond that will never be broken.

whiteboxerboy
No, I don't have a life!

Postby whiteboxerboy » Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:05 pm

You'll know, Nana.

Glad your bestie is nearby to help you through this/remind you what you already know but may forget.

All my love & moar ice cream to NanaPancakes. ❤️

Amanda
Permanent Resident

Postby Amanda » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:35 am

Thinking of Team Pancakes today. Sending you lots and lots of love and peace.

Jen
Built-in Forum Feature

Postby Jen » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:40 pm

Still thinking of you daily. Wish I could do more.

MaisyPancakes
Permanent Resident

Postby MaisyPancakes » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:47 am

Thank you all, so, so much. I have no words! Honestly don't know how I would be coping without your support! She's been enjoying her screams-filled rally and I'm so glad to have any extra good time at all—my vets are kind of ?!?! about the extent of her insistence to stay put. She had a super great day yesterday but is coughing a bit more today, so we are indoors w/AC cranked to give her lungs a rest from humidity. Hopefully she can get some dirt time later. :) Thank you all for thinking of us!

Return to “Our Dogs Online General Topics”