Checking in -4th of July edition

All kinds of dog talk here!
maxs_mommy
Yes, I do have a life!

Checking in -4th of July edition

Postby maxs_mommy » Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:47 pm

How are we doing this year? Fortunately it's a mid-season monsoon in the middle of the map so few, if any, fireworks! Yay! Now we contend with rain and restlessness but I'll take it!
On a related note (restless dog), Max threw out his hip on Friday and his chiro is out of town until Tuesday at an agility trial. Why does this happen always on a holiday weekend? He's on a low dose of nsaids and rest and seems to be doing better though still favoring one side. Never a dull moment.
Max "the ninja"-American Cocker Spaniel G-day 3/2009
Charlie "the middle child"- Orange Tabby G-day 7/2005
Sadie - Grey Tabby 9/1996-8/4/2012 RIP

SherriA
Built-in Forum Feature

Re: Checking in -4th of July edition

Postby SherriA » Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:52 am

Henry is oblivious, fortunately

Jen
Built-in Forum Feature

Postby Jen » Sun Jul 03, 2016 3:49 pm

Our town is having fireworks at the fairgrounds each night this weekend, which surprisingly has seemed to cut down the neighborhood pops and booms.

Tomorrow should be insane, though. Vancouver, WA - which is where Oregonians go to get their illegal fireworks - banned the not safe and not sane fireworks starting 2017 and supposedly people are buying record amounts.

I discovered that my new classroom is very sound resistant, couple that with being located in an industrial park, and I think I'll be taking B to my room and spend the evening organizing and planning for next year. :D

I hope Max feels better soon!

JudyL
No, I don't have a life!

Postby JudyL » Sun Jul 03, 2016 6:06 pm

The self-centered inconsiderates have been firing off fireworks and shooting off guns here at random times since Friday afternoon. Tomorrow will be crazy scary, and as always, I'm hoping for rain. Would a hurricane in July be too much to ask?

JudyL
No, I don't have a life!

Postby JudyL » Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:02 pm

The dogs handled the pro fireworks display pretty well. I sat on the bedroom floor with them and played some loud music next to them, and the fireworks were such a constant barage of noise that I don't think it registered. Everything was fine until I came out when it was over and one of the neighbors set of one of those really loud ones. Now I'm sitting on the bathroom floor with the blower on. :madgo:

maxs_mommy
Yes, I do have a life!

Postby maxs_mommy » Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:06 pm

The heavy shelling has stopped, smoke is thick in the air. We had a few moments of hiding under the couch but no real catastrophes. Snoozing now on the couch.
Max "the ninja"-American Cocker Spaniel G-day 3/2009
Charlie "the middle child"- Orange Tabby G-day 7/2005
Sadie - Grey Tabby 9/1996-8/4/2012 RIP

BarksaLot
Hopelessly addicted

Postby BarksaLot » Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:39 am

I ended up crating both dogs, didn't hear a peep out of either after that. They must have settled down and gone to sleep as I didn't hear any restless pups in the crates. Had the house shut up, air, TV going. There were a few blasts that made me jump, sounded like they were in my front yard when they were probably a street or more away. Now we probably have the few odd idiots to live through shooting off random blasts to send dogs looking for cover over the next few days.

Jen
Built-in Forum Feature

Postby Jen » Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:57 pm

My room ended up not being as sound resistant as I had thought. We went for a country drive for a few hours with Bella in the van. :p All was quiet after 1, though.

connie
Built-in Forum Feature

Postby connie » Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:19 pm

I don't have any dogs who are terrified, but NONE of my dogs enjoy this stupid custom. :madgo:

Peeks, the wildly shy Merle Girl, indicated that she might want to jump the gate and escape from the dog room, so she was crated. Everyone else was okay, but it was a relief when the neighbors ran out of whatever the hell they were setting off.

Emily
Yes, I do have a life!

Postby Emily » Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:20 pm

Thankfully, none of my remaining dogs are frightened of the fireworks. Dach barked a little at them from his crate, but he got bored and went to sleep.

Return to “Our Dogs Online General Topics”