Wish us luck

All kinds of dog talk here!
Claire
Yes, I do have a life!

Wish us luck

Postby Claire » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:55 am

I just ordered a Goughnut for Gunny.
Round, black rubber toy that is supposed to be for destructive chewers.

So far, the one black Kong has been holding up very well. He puts the big part in his mouth and works his jaw.
(Remember....when we first brought Gunny home, he chewed and swallowed the top knob of the Kong.)

I recall having a super large black rubber bone for Frieda and she had NO interest in chewing on it. I'm just hopeful Gunny will enjoy this Goughnut. My friend's Pit Bull seems to enjoy it and NOT destroy it. But she observes that Gunny's jaw is stronger and his need to work that jaw is greater!

Wish us luck!

SherriA
Built-in Forum Feature

Re: Wish us luck

Postby SherriA » Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:45 am

I hope this works! We had a super chewer when I was younger and kongs were new. I remember he destroyed the regular red one no problem but the black one lasted a long time. I hope the same is true for your Goughnut.

UpwardDog
No, I don't have a life!

Postby UpwardDog » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:49 pm

I like the looks of them--the one that is a cylinder. the one I saw was red and blue swirl and looked like a great shape for a stuffable toy.

Claire
Yes, I do have a life!

Postby Claire » Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:22 pm

It just arrived! Gunny hasn't let it out of his mouth and his tail is wagging so fast I think he's going to propel himself to the ceiling!
It does stink like a new tire, but I guess that will dissipate.
It is VERY sturdy. No "give" to it. I'm thinking this is going to be :thumbup:

I'm glad I got the round one rather than the "stick" because I think he would be chomping at anything with an end. The most that I see happening is drool, since his teeth are clamped on the donut and his mouth is open around it.

I'll check back with update as time goes by.

Return to “Our Dogs Online General Topics”