Oink

All kinds of dog talk here!
Claire
Yes, I do have a life!

Oink

Postby Claire » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:26 am

I took Gunny to the vet last week for his annual exam.
I was such a proud mom to see the vet-tech lovin' him up and saying what a "treat" he was as a CALM Weimaraner! Calm? I told her that was because they didn't have any geese in the office. lol

Anyway he loved the schmoozing and I loved seeing the vet smiling down on Gunny as he sat and obediently waited for a tasty morsel. Honestly, he was SO good allowing the blood draw.

So everything is A-OK with him ..... EXCEPT.....
he has gained 7 SEVEN pounds from last year's exam. The vet said she thought he was too thin last year (she never told me that) and she thinks he can stand to lose 2 pounds. Of course, I didn't tell Hank this, since he is the one who helped Gunny gain this weight by over-treating him.

I'm just hopeful that once the weather breaks and I can get Gunny out-and-about walking again, the weight will take care of itself.
Any hints on training a spouse?

:banghead:

JudyL
No, I don't have a life!

Re: Oink

Postby JudyL » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:58 am

Any hints on training a spouse?

Don't try. It's a battle you can't win. :lol:

Two pounds shouldn't be too hard for a large dog to lose, and that extra weight is probably due to the lousy weather we've had this winter. A few less treats and more activity should take care of that pretty easily.

Good job on having a calm Weimaraner. :thumbup:

Yankee
Yes, I do have a life!

Postby Yankee » Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:05 pm

:laugh:

SherriA
Built-in Forum Feature

Postby SherriA » Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:36 am

Two pounds on a dog Gunny's size shouldn't be too bad, especially once he's out and running around more again when as the weather improves.

No tips here on training anyone not ot overfeed. My dad and stepmom were here for a week. Henry weighed 22.8 lbs the day before his surgery. He weighed 24.8 lbs yesterday after my dad's visit. Treats, treats, treats, treats! I didn't even try to stop it, to be honest. It made them both happy, and it was temporary. If my dad visited more often we'd have to establish some rules though!

UpwardDog
No, I don't have a life!

Postby UpwardDog » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:52 pm

Ha! Winter has us all carrying extra chub here. The old dogs are chunky, Rosie much more than Sam. Tricky weighed 17.9lbs on Friday She weighed 16.2 or 16/4 last summer.

Bettyna
Quite involved

Postby Bettyna » Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:24 pm

Kobe is a fatty now too... :( He's officially on a diet and exercise plan now that the weather is getting better.

Return to “Our Dogs Online General Topics”