I know my dog is spoiled because...

All kinds of dog talk here!
Jen
Built-in Forum Feature

I know my dog is spoiled because...

Postby Jen » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:35 pm

Fill in your own reason.

Mine is this. R&B LOVE to play tug and always have. Bella is far too powerful for Roscoe these days, but he still shoves the toy in her face or grabs hers to play tug with her. So DH or I stand in the middle of them holding onto the middle of the tug.

She still does her insane death shake yanks and pulls Roscoe and me around the room, but my hold on the toy absorbs the majority of the tugging from her end and all he has to do is hold on and give little old man pulls every once in a while.

We do this multiple times a day. :rolleyes:

QBert
No, I don't have a life!

Re: I know my dog is spoiled because...

Postby QBert » Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:02 am

My dog isn't spoiled!

She is indulged.

Calypso
Built-in Forum Feature

Postby Calypso » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:09 am

...Paul never says no to him. I got a picture the other day of Pixel sleeping on a chair in Paul's office. The other dogs aren't allowed in the office, but Pixel gets to nap there?!?!??!

Cousteau and Havana are spoiled because nothing, rarely even the children, will get me to go to bed late or get up early except for dog stuff. Flyball, late classes after I'm done teaching for the day, early morning walks - all too darn energetic for that time of day!!!!!

whiteboxerboy
No, I don't have a life!

Postby whiteboxerboy » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:19 am

...like the other ODO dogs, they eat better than i do!

ha, i was just thinking about this the other day & thought it was funny - Gringo (AKA Howard Hughes) can't eat his lamb bone unless i hold it for him until he gets most of the meat off of it, then he takes it back to his dog bed and finishes on his own. seriously, if i put it down on is dog bed he'll go lay down somewhere else & ignore it. weird-o! OTOH, Pi prefers working on a lamb bone by himself in his crate but he can. not. eat a sam's yam unless i hold it for him. Gringo does. not. want. help. with his sam's yams, he can handle that by himself.

and let's not forget i'm moving out to the boonies so they can have a ginormous yard with grass AND a veritable plethora of beautiful girls to play with whenever they want. :lol:

JudyL
No, I don't have a life!

Postby JudyL » Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:48 am

They do eat better than us sometimes! Mine can do nothing wrong, that's how loved they all are. :love:

ChiChi must be allowed to lay on top of me in bed and lick my forearm while I read before turning the light out. It makes the book wiggle. If I move her off too soon, she hops right back on top. Sometimes she gets a little massage while she's there. I used to hold her chew bones too!

Dixie - Seriously, she is wonderful in every way possible. She does nothing wrong, ever, and is a joy, joy, joyful dog. She has way too many squeaky stuffed toys.

Cinnabon - she is allowed to crawl under the covers in the morning and put her cold wet feet into the middle of my back! Eeeeooow, that's cold!

Ben - What a [piece of] work in progress he is. lol For the couple of negatives, all his quirks and antics makes up for them.

If I get up from sitting in the recliner, they take it over. I don't try to reclaim it. I sit on the floor, and then I still end up with dogs crawling into my lap. It makes my knitting more difficult.
They all enjoy sitting on my lap in the winter when I prop my feet up on the space heater in my office, especially Cinnabon and now Ben too. It's relaxing for all of us after a long day of work.

Edit - last line, only to change from "in" to "on"
Last edited by JudyL on Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aubergine
No, I don't have a life!

Postby Aubergine » Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:57 pm

I bought a house for my dogs. They have their own suite downstairs. :lol:

Fiance and I frequently worry that we *are about to run out of treats* so the house is stocked to the brim with at least two massive bags of Charlie Bears... just in case :rolleyes: And we HAVE to bring the crew to the pet shop to select just the right treats, of course.

There are mandatory howling, rolling and massaging sessions each morning before we get ready for work. And now that I have a long-eared dog and have learned to sew, I will be making an entire set of fashionable snoods for Miss Becky :D

Dogs are just so easy and worthy to spoil, though. They appreciate it :love:

Jen
Built-in Forum Feature

Postby Jen » Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:09 pm

If I get up from sitting in the recliner, they take it over. I don't try to reclaim it.
lol DH lets Scout do that. I just start to sit down on top of her and she lets out an indignant meow and climbs into his lap.

maxs_mommy
Yes, I do have a life!

Postby maxs_mommy » Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:32 pm

Max has a bedroom and gets put to bed every night. We bought a 3 bedroom house specifically so he could have one room and the cats (2 at the time, 1 now) could have the other. To that end, Max frequently gets out of his room at night and we let him sleep wherever.
He eats better than I do.
I sacrifice his old toys to make him new ones.
We sleep or sit around him on the couch or chair.
We fenced the yard but don't ever leave him out alone for any length of time: mostly because he hates it. :sgrin:
He lives here and his needs (and Charlie's) come first.
Our entire goal with him is to help him succeed in life. Anything else is not an option. :lol:
Most every time I snack, he does too. Don't tell him I reduce his meals to compensate!
Max "the ninja"-American Cocker Spaniel G-day 3/2009
Charlie "the middle child"- Orange Tabby G-day 7/2005
Sadie - Grey Tabby 9/1996-8/4/2012 RIP

UpwardDog
No, I don't have a life!

Postby UpwardDog » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:24 pm

:grin: My dogs aren't spoiled at all

OhDaniGirl
Just popping in

Postby OhDaniGirl » Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:20 pm

Let's see.

She eats better than I do. She has her own pillow on my bed. She won't eat her bully sticks unless she can sit in my lap. Her dinner must. be. ON. TIME. My dad is building a custom staircase so she can get to the window and look out whenever she pleases.

I could go on, but I don't think I need to.

Return to “Our Dogs Online General Topics”