3 Month Anniversary

All kinds of dog talk here!
Bari
Built-in Forum Feature

3 Month Anniversary

Postby Bari » Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:20 pm

It's been 3 months since I lost my chocolate dog and gained a new dog which is now offically the BDC (Black Dog Crew).

I miss him so much, his wise ways of dealing with C and his winsome smile and demeanor. He was my sweet puppy boy.

Having Georgie has opened a whole new world for me. Starting over but somewhere in the middle. She is wicked smart - loves to learn. Is wiley in her wrapping her paw around my and Jim's heart. She greats me with a hug everyday and a light face tap in the morning when it's time to go out. If I don't respond immediately, she waits 20 or 30 minutes and will do it again.

I just hate dealing with it her hair. I used the Furminator for the first time. OMG. I had enough hair to knit a sheltie and I am slightly allergic to her with all the hair blowing around and in everything. All things considered, I could have gotten a cat.

I have never had such a fun dog and she certainly is keeping me on my toes. Just today, we went to My Pet Naturally for some social time and hung out with a Swedish Vallund and a 7 month old Bull terrier puppy girl who was totally in love with Georgie. She had to get her barrings because this baby was play bowing and rolling over to get G to play with her. So cute. At first, Georgie didn't know what to make of the little egg head but then she settled down and chilled around her.

This dog in the picture was also there but was in the manager's office because he was too overwhelming for G to handle.

All in all, a fun day and I look forward to re-learning dog skills and hopefully trial with her in the future.
Attachments
my pet.jpg
my pet.jpg (14.74 KiB) Viewed 1333 times

UpwardDog
No, I don't have a life!

Re: 3 Month Anniversary

Postby UpwardDog » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:25 pm

aw ((big hug)) Adorable that georgie is so pleasant as to wait 20 minutes before re-waking you lol

Jen
Built-in Forum Feature

Postby Jen » Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:20 am

I'm glad Georgie is doing her best to fill some big shoes. I agree with Heather. She's so kind to wait for your second wake up call. lol

edited for typo
Last edited by Jen on Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Calypso
Built-in Forum Feature

Postby Calypso » Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:31 am

Awww, what a sweet girl. And what a great journey you'll have together.

SherriA
Built-in Forum Feature

Postby SherriA » Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:15 am

Anniversaries are tough. I'm glad you have Georgie to keep your mind on the positive things. She sounds like tons of fun!

Bari
Built-in Forum Feature

Postby Bari » Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:38 am

It's the idea of 17 or so years of "hair" that I am finding hard to deal with though. I haven't had a long haired dog since I was a year old. :tongue:

Carson_Crazies
No, I don't have a life!

Postby Carson_Crazies » Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:09 am

Does she have an undercoat? I really think she looks like there could be some border collie in the woodpile, and honestly these dogs do puff out some hair. But I've gotten used to it. The upside, if her coat is anything like my dogs, is that they tend to shrug off dirt pretty well, and usually smell pretty nice.

Hugs to you, as i can only imagine how bittersweet it must be.
Laura & the Crazies:
Nick, Linc, Pia, June, and Ginger
RIP Zippy - January 11, 1994 to April 9, 2012

http://www.crooksandcrazies.blogspot.com

SherriA
Built-in Forum Feature

Postby SherriA » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:38 am

Well don't count on a short haired dog saving you from a house full of fluff! Oliver is supposed to have a single coat and yet, he's been oozing puffs of undercoat for the past couple of weeks. Where is all this fluffy stuff coming from???? I brushed enough out of him in one evening to knit a Pomeranian!

Sabine
Site Admin
Custom Title: One Dog Girl

Postby Sabine » Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:50 pm

Hard to believe it's been 3 months already!

Georgie is a sweet girl, and I'm so glad you have her in your life to help with the loss of Kahlua.

Return to “Our Dogs Online General Topics”