They've come to kill us all!

All kinds of dog talk here!
2dogpack
Hopelessly addicted

They've come to kill us all!

Postby 2dogpack » Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:13 pm

Ever wonder what goes through your dog's mind when something or someone enters their yard?

I wonder if Ronan thinks they've come to kill us all.

Pizza or chinese food delivery? Ninja assassins!
FedEx or UPS? Hired hitmen!
Girl Scouts? Aliens ready to take us to their planet where we're the main ingredient in a cookbook!
Mailmen/women? Psychos ready to chop us to bits!
Solicitors? Spawns of Satan! (Okay, so he's right about this one)
Squirrels? Rabbits? Children walking dogs? They're all hiding chain saws behind their backs and they're posed for the takedown!

All thwarted by a 22 inch tall, 38 pound Beezlepup.

And they are all so terrified by his bark that most of them decide to leave presents instead of killing us all.

In the words of his majesty, "You're welcome."

Sabine
Site Admin
Custom Title: One Dog Girl

Re: They've come to kill us all!

Postby Sabine » Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:01 pm

Too funny. Quigley always barked up a storm if he even heard the front gate open, and escalated to the next level if someone knocked on the door.

Dax? Might start bouncing in circles, wagging his tail, but doesn't make a peep. That's right, I own a Jack Russell who doesn't bark at human intruders. lol (And I try really, really hard to keep it that way. It's actually quite nice being able to hear what people are saying to you. :grin:)

On the other hand, critters - of any sort - must be eradicated! Here, opossum, bring it on! Cowardly squirrel, you're very brave chattering away up so high in that tree, come down here and I'll show you what I'll do, you bushy tailed tree rat!

SherriA
Built-in Forum Feature

Postby SherriA » Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:06 pm

I'm pretty sure the thought bubble above Oliver's head would say "Food? Do you have food? Come in, let me show you the fridge so you can get me some food!"

Fortunately, he's practically deaf now, so he doesn't hear the "intruders" unless they're right next to him. Watch beagle, he's not!

Jen
Built-in Forum Feature

Postby Jen » Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:46 pm

lol at all these posts

I'm pretty certain Bella's thought bubble is "You're doing it wrong! You and you and you, you're doing it wrong! I don't know what it is, but I'm pretty sure it's wrong! Get off of my lawn; that's not allowed! No barking! No barking by anyone but me! You people gardening your yard, you're doing it wrong! You over there walking the baby with the squeaky roller, get that thing fixed! Oh no you didn't, you did not just rattle glass bottles in the recycling at 7 am!"

Roscoe's is "I have just met you, and I love you." (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fy-CBs0XNlM at 0:41)

emmas_mom
No, I don't have a life!

Postby emmas_mom » Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:32 pm

Roscoe's is "I have just met you, and I love you." (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fy-CBs0XNlM at 0:41)
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I love that clip!

Eddie's thought bubble, when people DARE to walk down our street is "MINE! This street is MINE! Intruder alert! Intruder alert!" - while Mitzi quickly rushes to his side and joins in the alarm with "Mah brudder says GO 'WAY!".
But when someone actually comes to the door, Eddie's is more like "Hey, you, two-legged up there, NOTICE ME! I'm down here! Yoo hoo! Pat me! Feed me! Oh oh oh did you bring me a treat, didjya didjya? Please say you brought me a treat! Ignore my mom. Ignore that little white dog. It's all about ME ME ME!"
Mom to Maggie. Ever remembering Sadie, Charley, Caleb, Belle, Oliver, Shiloh, Eddie, Mitzi, Allie and Emma.
My blog: http://www.mylifewiththecritters.blogspot.com

JudyL
No, I don't have a life!

Postby JudyL » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:32 pm

Bark, bark, yap, yap, yap...yes, I have bubbles, bubbles, bubbles...no thoughts in the bubbles, must yap, yap, yap. I recognize you, *wags tail* but yap, yap... the bubbles have burst and I can't stop barking even though I'm wagging my tail at you! = that would be Ben when Paul comes in...almost every.single.time. He barks and it is high pitched and shrieky. Oy!

The others are tail wagging dogs. Dixie got between a client and the door last week and plopped her behind down and refused to move until he acknowledged her presence. She was NOT going to let him leave until he greeted her and told her that she's pretty.

maxs_mommy
Yes, I do have a life!

Postby maxs_mommy » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:29 pm

I love that clip!!!!
She was NOT going to let him leave until he greeted her and told her that she's pretty.
Dixie cup is such a princess. Lol

Max is saying, "Mailman dropping packages at the door? I love you! Mailman walking across the front of the house? I will announce you...but only if the parents are home. Oh, you're coming through the door? I will love you forever! You want me to show you the TV, laptop and mom's valuables to rob them? I will help you look! Can I have a treat now? Will you let me out? Will you let me in? I love you forever. See, I'll sit on your feet and look up at you until you pet me. You're sitting in the chair? Let's touch. See my belly, you know you want to rub it. Why are you not rubbing it (looks back and forth in confusion)? Oh look, kids walking by on the street, I will bark at them and look out the window until they've gone. Ok, all safe now"
It's hard being so vigilant. He also keeps birds out of the yard, much to Charlie's dismay.
Max "the ninja"-American Cocker Spaniel G-day 3/2009
Charlie "the middle child"- Orange Tabby G-day 7/2005
Sadie - Grey Tabby 9/1996-8/4/2012 RIP

emmas_mom
No, I don't have a life!

Postby emmas_mom » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:37 pm

It's hard being so vigilant. He also keeps birds out of the yard, much to Charlie's dismay.
Ah yes, Canine Supervigilantism, how well I know that syndrome. Our neighbour just sold their house and the realtor tied a happy-face helium balloon to the sold sign. It is bobbing around in the ocean breeze and Eddie has been going crazy all week because, well sheesh, if it moves it must be alive! :banghead:
Mom to Maggie. Ever remembering Sadie, Charley, Caleb, Belle, Oliver, Shiloh, Eddie, Mitzi, Allie and Emma.
My blog: http://www.mylifewiththecritters.blogspot.com

whiteboxerboy
No, I don't have a life!

Postby whiteboxerboy » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:53 pm

come to kill us all?? :rofl:

not at my house. Brinca only barked at dogs she saw thru the windows, people were worthy of great excitement, jumping on the door & circle wags. the only exception to this was homeless people, which were never outside of our house. when they were in the vicinity of the car i was always worried Brinca was going to break the window to kill them. sister did NOT like homeless people.
Gringo does pretty much the same thing Uncle Leo always did - race from window to window very excitedly and sometimes, depending on who it is, maybe give one little yelp of excitement.

back in the day Salvo, K's Pit Bull, went right through the glass door to get to the UPS guy b/c in his mind he'd been there long enough & needed to move along. Salvo also attempted to eat our friend/neighbor Lee one time when he was bringing her some mail. he walked right into her apt and Salvo did NOT approve. poor Lee. :lol: Salvo also had a habit of climbing the 10' privacy fence when K would leave her house. he'd go out the doggy door, climb the fence and lay in the front yard. the mailman didn't even attempt to deliver the mail on those days. fair enough but in Salvo's defense, he never even looked at the mailman when he came to the door when K was home & probably wouldn't have even acknowledged him if he'd approached him when he was laying on the front lawn. trust me, *Lady* Salvo was NOT protecting the house, *Lady* Salvo was waiting for his Mom to come home and that was all he cared about.

i'm really hoping Puppy Pi forms his own opinion of people outside the house. i don't want him to have a 'come to kill us all' attitude but i am hoping for some barking to let me know someone is hanging around outside. we'll see. so far his response to everything is to wag his tail as fast as it'll go, smile & jump around. :love:

Paige
Yes, I do have a life!

Postby Paige » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:17 pm

Soda says "I'LL KILL YOU. I'LL KILL YOU. but seriously I'll kill you because I'm kind of scared of you" and also "LEAF! AIR! GRASS! IT EXISTS! MOM MOM... MOM MOM MOM MOM MOM ...... HEY! I'LL KILL YOU!" and for other dogs "GET OF MY #*&*(^% PROPERTY"

and the other two only bark when warranted. They're my good dogs. :lol:
Cash, LT and Soda. And some cats. Cats that are mean.

QBert
No, I don't have a life!

Postby QBert » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:23 am

The Rabbit - "OHHAI! you has yummies? scritch my butt! Let me lick your brains!"
Abby - "what? stoopid humans. Oh, you'll rub my ears? HI!"
Bitsy - well, mostly Bitsy either disappears if someone comes inside the house or delivers a shrill "GET OFF MY LAWN!" if they're on the other side of the fenc
Pocket - from the fence, it's "alarums, alarums and vapors!" Inside she's curious but with an air of "Don't TOUCH me you filthy cretin! I'm a PRINCESS"
Boogits - "OMGOMGOMGGOAWAYNOW! KILLER NINJA ASSASSIN ZOMBIES!"
Dwee - *panic*
Loaner Dog - "OH HAI! throw my ball drop the pizza I'll swallow that on the way to the BALL"

Claire
Yes, I do have a life!

Postby Claire » Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:56 pm

SO happy to hear that Gunny is not the only one! Between his being tall and our windows being low and having a glass insert on the front door, he's got plenty of opportunity to SEE everything that moves outside. And everything is an invasion on his turf! Now that it's landscaping season and we all have different days when the grass is cut by different companies, he's on Red Alert almost every day of the week! Yep....misery loves company. Thanks for posting!

RobinS
No, I don't have a life!

Postby RobinS » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:42 am

What goes on at my house when there are humans outside in the front? KaeJae: "yap yap yap yap yap" - translation: "Get in here now and pay attention to me!", KiKu: "bark bark bark, woof woof woof - spin spin spin" - translation: "These people are freakin' me out, get away or I am goin got make myself dizzy!", Katie: "sissy bark, sissy bark, sissy bark" - translation: "What are they barking at? I am too short to see, but I will bark away anyway!"

What goes on at my house if there are critters moving about: KaeJae: "bark, bark, bark" - translation: "Get the h&ll out of MY yard!", KiKu: what? I don't see any reason to bark - let me just spin it out!, Katie: "bark, bark, bark" - translation: "I am barking because he is barking, but again, I am too short too see outside to see what is going on, hold on a minute, let me run to my tall bed and look out the office window, oh yea, I see something (maybe), ok, bark bark bark."

Return to “Our Dogs Online General Topics”