Need ODO vibes in BC

All kinds of dog talk here!
emmas_mom
No, I don't have a life!

Need ODO vibes in BC

Postby emmas_mom » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:02 pm

There are two things going on right now that we really need those positive and powerful ODO vibes for.

A little mini aussi-cross dog who went missing December 18th in Vancouver, and was sighted several times with homeless-looking people there, was again sighted over the past week near the ferry terminal with a transient, then on the island near where I live a couple of days later (again with a transient), and now further north on the island - this time dragging a rope where a leash would be and bolting into bush when anyone comes near. The owners have been doing everything possible from the get-go; the dog got away from a petsitter while the owners were on the other side of the country for Christmas and they immediately flew right back home, they've posted everywhere, they've never stopped looking, they've contacted all vets and shelters. After the sighting last night, and the very strong possibility this is their dog (he is a very unique looking dog!), they got the early ferry over here and are frantically searching and putting up posters all over that area. So please, send all the "Levi, be brave and come out of the bush" vibes you can muster.
Levi poster (odo).jpg
Levi poster (odo).jpg (83.43 KiB) Viewed 2615 times
And secondly, I just got a phonecall from my daughter - my granddog Becky was found collapsed about an hour ago - lying in her own pee and poop and a large puddle of saliva, and virtually comatose (no movement or response). My former son-in-law (who shares custody of her) had gone over to my daughter's apartment to let her out and found her, and my daughter ran home from work. They are taking her into the vet right now, but fear this may be the end. We don't know her age for sure as she's a rescue, but we think she is about 16 (she was estimated at 10-12 when she was adopted in spring 2008), and she's a mid-sized dog, some sort of aussie-border collie mix. She has been going downhill a lot this past year, so this isn't unexpected, but we all love her so much. Please wish for Becky to let my daughter know if it is time, and for a peaceful passing, or for a hasty recovery if it is not time.
Happy happy Becky odo.jpg
Happy happy Becky odo.jpg (48.9 KiB) Viewed 2615 times
Mom to Maggie. Ever remembering Sadie, Charley, Caleb, Belle, Oliver, Shiloh, Eddie, Mitzi, Allie and Emma.
My blog: http://www.mylifewiththecritters.blogspot.com

Moemer
Yes, I do have a life!

Re: Need ODO vibes in BC

Postby Moemer » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:06 pm

oh wow, I'm so sorry. I'd seen the posting for the aussie on FB. Sending good vibes to everyone!!
Emily
Elsie (ACDX) and Arlo (FoxhoundX)

emmas_mom
No, I don't have a life!

Postby emmas_mom » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:57 pm

My granddog Becky passed away just moments after I posted the above, with her mama and papa by her side. The vet said she'd either had a massive stroke or a grand mal seizure, and was totally non-responsive. They chose to help her pass, and she went quickly. She had five excellent years with J and A.

Please focus all those vibes on a happy ending for Levi.
Mom to Maggie. Ever remembering Sadie, Charley, Caleb, Belle, Oliver, Shiloh, Eddie, Mitzi, Allie and Emma.

Sweetgrass Farm

Postby Sweetgrass Farm » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:16 pm

I'll post Levi on my fb page, if that's alright. I have several friends in the area that are very dog friendly.

JudyL
No, I don't have a life!

Postby JudyL » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:18 pm

I'm sorry to hear about Becky's passing, Jean. I hope the little Aussie is soon reunited with his family.

emmas_mom
No, I don't have a life!

Postby emmas_mom » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:52 pm

I'll post Levi on my fb page, if that's alright. I have several friends in the area that are very dog friendly.
Yes, please do - we want the word to get to as many people as possible. The more eyes, the better chance he'll get safely back to his home.

SherriA
Built-in Forum Feature

Postby SherriA » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:59 pm

I'm so sorry, Jean. Becky was so loved and I loved hearing about her.

I have family and friends on the Island, so I'm going to post to FB and to spread the word about Levi.

PofiMia
No, I don't have a life!

Postby PofiMia » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:10 pm

All good thoughts for Levi's courage and will to be found and reunited with his loving people.

And thoughts of comfort for you and J and A who are greiving for dear, beautiful Becky. I have always just loved her happy, happy face and that they adopted a senior (wonder where they got that from). So glad she enjoyed so much love and happiness these last five years. Run free, beloved Becky.

QBert
No, I don't have a life!

Postby QBert » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:56 pm

I hope they manage to find and catch little Levi.

Very sorry for your family's loss. Becky was lucky to be so loved. I'm glad they were at least able to be with her at the very end.

Bettyna
Quite involved

Postby Bettyna » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:10 pm

So sorry about Becky.

And come home soon Levi!

maxs_mommy
Yes, I do have a life!

Postby maxs_mommy » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:51 pm

I'm so sorry about Becky, RIP sweet girl. Hopefully Levi makes it to his home soon!
Max "the ninja"-American Cocker Spaniel G-day 3/2009
Charlie "the middle child"- Orange Tabby G-day 7/2005
Sadie - Grey Tabby 9/1996-8/4/2012 RIP

Calypso
Built-in Forum Feature

Postby Calypso » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:55 pm

I'm sorry about Becky. Lots of good dogs over the Bridge he past couple of days.

Levi - be brave. Your family misses you!

UpwardDog
No, I don't have a life!

Postby UpwardDog » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:39 pm

UGH sad.
Fingers crossed Levi gets reunited with his family.

Jen
Built-in Forum Feature

Postby Jen » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:12 pm

I'm so sorry about Becky. :(

I do hope Levi is found safe & sound.

whiteboxerboy
No, I don't have a life!

Postby whiteboxerboy » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:28 pm

i'm sorry to hear about Becky. run free, happy, pretty girl.

i hope Levi is reunited with his family very soon.

Carson_Crazies
No, I don't have a life!

Postby Carson_Crazies » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:27 am

Oh no. :( I'm so sorry about Becky. Hugs to all of you!

Prayers that Levi is found and home soon!
Laura & the Crazies:
Nick, Linc, Pia, June, and Ginger
RIP Zippy - January 11, 1994 to April 9, 2012

http://www.crooksandcrazies.blogspot.com

yintzy
No, I don't have a life!

Postby yintzy » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:28 am

I'm so sorry to hear about Becky.

emmas_mom
No, I don't have a life!

Postby emmas_mom » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:36 pm

Keep those ODO vibes coming for Levi - there have been two more sightings in the same area on the island, and this afternoon there was a sighting in an area about 8 km from where he went missing on the mainland - in another area with lots of bushes for a dog to hide. (Obviously, they aren't BOTH Levi, but with luck maybe two dogs will get found and one of them will be Levi).

I learned that Levi had escaped from a pet sitter who 'forgot' to close both the front door AND the gate. :madgo: This kind of stuff drives me crazy and is a big part of why I trust hardly ANYONE with my dogs. I'm convinced very few people in the world have an ounce of sense when it comes to keeping dogs safe, especially in unfamiliar environments.

And thank you for your condolences re Becky. I'm sure gonna miss her.

Sweetgrass Farm

Postby Sweetgrass Farm » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:58 am

Any more word on Levi? The power of facebook is a mighty tool. Friends of ours had a terrier go missing over two days ago in Florida and they just found "Gem" because of the notice on fb. Please get the word out, it works!!

emmas_mom
No, I don't have a life!

Postby emmas_mom » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:14 am

Nothing more, other than that one of the owners has rented a car in order to stay on the island a bit longer. The dog 'may' have been captured by a bank video camera (one of the sightings was just outside the bank), so they are trying to see if the bank can review the tape and show them the dog so the owner can confirm if it is Levi or not.
I feel so sorry for these owners - they have pulled out all the stops to find their boy, and of course so many 'sightings' are wild goose chases. If only people would think to snap a photo when they see a stray/lost/possibly stolen dog so at least the owners know which tips to pursue.

SherriA
Built-in Forum Feature

Postby SherriA » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:56 pm

Damn, I had hoped there would be some good news. I'm going to reshare the poster. I have a ton of family on the island and friends/family on the mainland as well.

RobinS
No, I don't have a life!

Postby RobinS » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:10 pm

Jean, I am very sorry to hear about your Granddog. I hope the little Aussie mix is found soon.

Yankee
Yes, I do have a life!

Postby Yankee » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:17 pm

So sorry to hear about Becky, and hoping Levi is found and returned soon.

emmas_mom
No, I don't have a life!

Postby emmas_mom » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:25 am

For those with friends and family on Vancouver Island, please check the update on my blog (http://mylifewiththecritters.blogspot.c ... ouver.html) for exact location of a number of sightings in the Qualicum Beach area. There is definitely a stray dog fitting his description in the bush in this area, and he appears to be doing a regular route. Please pass on the blog information and/or the link to the "Find Levi" facebook page .

Aubergine
No, I don't have a life!

Postby Aubergine » Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:38 pm

Oh Jean, I am so so sorry to hear about sweet Becky :( She was so well loved and had such a great last few years with your daughter and son in law.

I've also just shared the info about Levi on my fb. I don't know anyone on the Island but maybe some of my friends do.

Return to “Our Dogs Online General Topics”