Need more support for Dog Nutrition & Care?

Discuss topics ranging from general care to diet, vaccinations etc.

Need more support for Dog Nutrition & Care?

Postby Sabine » Sun Jul 02, 2006 11:19 am

I am offering consultations and personalized programs covering many different areas of dog nutrition and care.

Unlike the limited assistance I can offer on an internet forum, the information you receive from these consultations is based on a detailed questionnaire about your dog's health and care background, taking as many details as possible into consideration.

Find out more at www.betterdogcare.com!
Sabine
Site Admin

Custom Title: One Dog Girl

Re: Need more support for Dog Nutrition & Care?

Postby Bari » Sun Jul 02, 2006 11:34 am

Mordy,

I was checking out the site and cannot link to:
American Holistic Veterinary Medical Association on your site I got "cannot resolve host name" so then I googled it and found the site but when I tried to look up a vet under
www.holisticvetlist.com, I got the same message.

Could this just be my DH's old, stupid computer?

Great idea, BTW.
Bari
Built-in Forum Feature

Postby Sabine » Sun Jul 02, 2006 11:41 am

It's not your computer, their site is down. Grrr.

It doesn't even work if you go to
http://www.ahvma.org/displaycommon.cfm?an=1&subarticlenbr=12 and then click on the link. I hope they fix that soon.
Sabine
Site Admin

Postby Jen » Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:27 am

Awesome, Lillian! Can I put up some of the "about" info and a link to your website on the kiosk at our dog park?
Jen
Built-in Forum Feature

Postby Sabine » Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:29 am

Absolutely. If you like I'll also send you some printed material once I have it!
Sabine
Site Admin

Postby Manoa » Sat Nov 04, 2006 8:36 pm

Oh ... and Nui and Koa will need to add their testimonials. We've only just started with Mordy's recommendations but their coats are much, much softer and the boys are happy because they get LESS pills!

It is so nice to have written, detailed, specific recommendations for each dog instead of my husband asking:

DH: What IS that?
me: (insert name of new popular supplement, food or mix)
DH: Why are you giving that?
me: uh, I dunno ... because a lot of other people give it?
DH: But, what will it do?
me: uh, I dunno ....
Manoa
Hopelessly addicted

Postby Sabine » Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:10 pm

I'm very glad to hear things are going well! :) Thanks for the testimonial!
Sabine
Site Admin

Postby BuddysParents » Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:20 am

Well, if I may just put my two cents in. :grin:

We first consulted Mordy after Buddy began having health problems. When we first got him he came down with parvo and has had a compromised immune system ever since. He was constantly getting sick and well, my husband and I were at our wits end.

So, off to Mordy we went. She compiled a plan for Buddy and we started it as soon as were financially able to. The plan worked well, Buddy started to thrive and really mature.

Late October we had someone move in with us for s short while. We had no idea the effects this would have on Buddy. It stressed him out and he came down with a second bout of demodex mites. *sigh*

So Mordy provided a holistic approach to dealing with the mites and so far, so good. Buddy hasn't gotten worse, but I believe we're stabiizing him and providing the means for his immune system to fight back those nasty mites.

We did the same thing for our second dog, Banzai. Although he was and has been completely healthy, we wanted to reach the utmost of health for both dogs. She provded a plan for Banzai and he is thriving! He has matured and developed in a lovely young dog( he's 9 months) and he's healthy, has a lovely coat and perfect teeth.

I can not rave enough about Mordy and her support in helping us with Buddy. Her knowledge and experience speaks volumes about her. So, thank you, Mordy. The boys thank you, too! ;)

-Nicole
BuddysParents
Regular

Postby Sabine » Sat Dec 30, 2006 2:31 pm

Thank you Nicole! I'm glad to hear both of your dogs are doing well! :)
Sabine
Site Admin

Postby BuddysParents » Sat Dec 30, 2006 2:57 pm

No problem, Mordy! I'm your biggest fan! Remember when you have some fliers, etc. let me know! ;)
BuddysParents
Regular

Postby Sabine » Sat Dec 30, 2006 3:32 pm

I will definitely do that. :) Thanks!
Sabine
Site Admin

Postby Stacy » Tue May 01, 2007 7:17 pm

I hope you don't mind but people on ODO were questioning finding a homecooked diet for small dogs and I told them about your web site. Hopefully they will contact you for help.
Stacy
Too much time on my hands

Postby BeccaIFBC » Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:08 am

Newbie alert!

I'm finally not swamped with early pregger stuff for the sheep and the church Christmas play and have been prowling around this morning (prob should be out working my puppers but I'm too exhausted! Later, boys . . .lol)

Anyway, this is so me and my hubby - he's such a trooper but he's so bewildered by my changing stuff up:

DH: What IS that?
me: (insert name of new popular supplement, food or mix)
DH: Why are you giving that?
me: uh, I dunno ... because a lot of other people give it?
DH: But, what will it do?
me: uh, I dunno ....

Although I actually usually have a long-winded explanation for [insert name of new supplement, food, or mix]

I did finally get smart and I have a white board with each dog's name and their current regime, including weights, monthly HW treatment and the date of their annual (or twice a year in the case of Ben and Maggie) physicals.

Now when I change something, I change it on the board, then drag him by the sleeve, go through my song and dance. Then he nods and smiles and goes away happily confident that even though he still doesn't know what the heck I'm talking about, it's all there in writing.

I put out flyers at several stores I frequent - this is a great service and comes at a time of great need. Unfortunately if things continue like they do (or maybe fortunately for the dogs!), we'll end up having to clone Mordanna to meet the demand!
Becca Shouse
Irena Farm, Pinnacle, NC
BeccaIFBC
Yes, I do have a life!

Postby kodaross » Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:51 am

Chicken, turkey, chicken meal, turkey meal, brown rice, pearled barley, lamb meal, oatmeal, chicken fat, dried eggs, salmon, natural flavoring, canola oil, flaxseed, fresh potatoes, fresh carrots, fresh peas, whole fresh apples, cranberries, dried chicory root, salt, potassium chloride, lecithin, garlic, vitamins, dehydrated kelp, minerals, yucca schidigera extract, sage extract, digestive enzymes and probiotics

This food sounded good that i saw on the page about science diet scam can someone tell me what brand it is please. And is it good for new puppy's
kodaross
My first post!

Return to Care, Health & Nutrition